What's new

ARE YOU BEING SERVED? box set No. 2: Anyone else excited about this? (1 Viewer)

AlanBrom

Second Unit
I just got the second box set of the classic Britcom, ARE YOU BEING SERVED? and am really happy about having all the episodes. There's a bonus disc with some nice extras. Anybody else a fan of this show?

StevenFC

Second Unit
Absolutley. Although I'm more a fan of the early years than I am the later years. I'm assuming it's a region two release, correct?

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I havent even seen the 1-5 box in stores, just occasionally the individual episodes...

i wonder if anyone will have the 1-10 for less than that $200?

I still remember getting the similar 14 disc Monty Python set from Costco for $99 right after it came out.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm figuring that Costco and Borders are the B&M's to look for this at.

As for the 1-5 box, I eventually got mine as a gift from my wife about 6 weeks after release; she bought it at Borders...used a coupon or a discount or something and picked it up for $97.74 (reg: $119.99).

Borders is supposed to be carrying the 6-10 box for the same regular price. Considering that it's $89.98 at Amazon and $83.99 at DVDPlanet, I may be heading online for this purchase.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
The set is highly reccomended for fans of the series, it's great to now have the entire run in chronological order. The last disc in the set has some great new interviews with cast member, as well as a bonus disc with the first episode of "Allo Allo."

BrianP

Supporting Actor
You can get this set for $90.99 Canadian at Amazon.ca. And there is an active $10 coupon which would help cover the cost of shipping.

Here is a $10 off $50 coupon that should work.
MAPCARTEFRAN expires 10/31

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Oh man, if Costco has that 14-disc set, it is so MINE! :D They had the big Monty Python set, so I hope they have this one too. :emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Brian, I had decided on that and was here to root around for the coupon code...thanks for making it easy on me! :)

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Brian, I had decided on that and was here to root around for the coupon code...thanks for making it easy on me!
Glad I could help. I am still waiting for Amazon.ca to send me my box set. I just hope they give me a free upgrade to two day shipping like they did for my Ken Burn's the West order. They shipped that one yesterday and it arrived today.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Most BBC releases are overpriced, and spread across an unnecessarily large number of discs.

This is why I'll be looking for an exceptionally good deal on this set (and why I haven't purchased the first set yet).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, what's the deal with most BBC releases (even new ones like Neverwhere) using single-layer discs?

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
I can understand that obscure shows will be more expensive, but going over the $100.00 mark is the kiss of death for a product with me. That number is magic and I just can't bring myself to pay that much for anything. I think they hurt themselves in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks