What's new

Are these glorified white van speakers? (1 Viewer)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Wharfedale is perfectly Legit. They have been around for years and used to be manufactured in England, though I am not sure if they are anymore. Also there is a white van company that uses the name Grafdale, sort of resemblent to Warfedale. KLH is pretty legit as well, they don't claim really high MSRP's or have phony stats for the most part.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Wharfedale has been around a long time. I think Wharfedale makes very good speakers in all price ranges they compete.

Chris

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I think that as a company, Bose is out to accomplish more with their product line than just "good sound". A lot of their development effort is spent on designing products that are user-friendly, and address other concerns that audiophiles seldom think about, such as package size and setup complexity. I agree that Bose overprices its products severely, and this is why I will not purchase products from Bose, but there is more involved in their product development process than a simple focus on the best sound possible, and while Bose won't get any of my money, they do have some small part of my respect for producing products that appeal to a broader range of people and placing home theater in the hands of the technologically-challenged with sound that beats other consumer home-theater-in-a-box systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks