1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are the American and European Game Boy Advance compatible?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Dias, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Chris Dias

Chris Dias Stunt Coordinator

Chris
    If my cousin buys a Game boy advance over here in Canada, will it be compatible with the games they sell in England when he goes home?
    Thanks,
    Chris Dias

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Yes - there's no territorial lock-out on the Gameboy Advance or the previous Gameboys. I have friends in the UK with Japanese & American Gameboys, and they're able to play US, UK or Japanese games.
    One thing to note though - some games won't play linkup games with versions from other territories (for instance, a Jap FZero may not play against a UK FZero cart - just using FZero as an example!). A lot are fine.
    That's the only exception. I was using a US Gameboy Colour for a good 18 months (with mainly UK games) without any hassle.
    ------------------
    Nothing In Particular

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Luckily, some games don't require more than one cartridge for up to 4 players to link up. I wonder if they would ever make a game with more than 4 players...

4. Chris Dias

Chris Dias Stunt Coordinator

Chris
    Thanks Guys. Because of your quick responses we will be going to pick one up today for my cousin. And of course it doesn't hurt that I will get to play it until he leaves [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Chris Dias