What's new

Are tanning salons safer than they used to be? (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Actually the skin cancer capital is Australia.

I had many friends there with mild to serious conditions.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sunbeds elevated to top cancer risk level: WHO

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.334a554e78aee09e0fd5764a76f5b23c.a1&show_article=1

Grandfather said, "Don't go there." I never go.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
To say nothing of the fact that most people (largely young women) emerge from these sessions looking unnaturally orange and odd. This is not appealing. I don't understand why people continue to subject themslves to this potentially dangerous cosmetic crap. Do some people find it sexy? Why? It's expensive, bad for you (no argument), and often makes a person look pasty and unattractive.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
An article that I read a few months ago said that men are using more makeup, tanning bed and hair products than women these days. I see many orange (oompa loompa looking) men coming into work with really bad makeup (eyeliner, foundation) and crusty hair from the over use of moose or spray. It's a little gag inducing. And for the record I feel that way when women over do it too.

leedavis

Auditioning
Real Name
Grace Lee Davis
well, I say that nothing is really safe in this world if the proper precautions weren't followed. Well, to really answer the question, there are already some modifications in tanning methods, tanning bed bulbs and the like that are done to improve the quality and to lessen the harsh effects of the UV/UVA rays that they use in tanning salons. However, there are also some modifications that were done and thought to have lessen the effect of harmful rays only to find out that the method is more harmful than the latter ones. One of these is the use of UVA rays intead of the UV rays. You can usually have this UVA on horizontal tanning beds.

So there, I think it also depends on your skin if you're too vulnerable to UV rays. See to it also that you have someone outside the tanning bed looking before you so you won't get your final destination there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks