1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Bipoles good surrounds or overrated?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by robc1976, Jun 27, 2011.

1. robc1976

robc1976 Auditioning

I have been reading for the past 3 hours about the debate against bipole/dipole/monople....wich are better in your opinion. I just bought a pair of these and if they are inferior I will take them back....don't want a week spot in my system. My system is used for movies and gaming primarly.

RS-52II Discription

http://www.klipsch.com/rs-52-ii-surround-speaker

2. robc1976

robc1976 Auditioning

Lot of people where saying that with the DTS discrete channels that bipoles are inferior. I listen to a LOT of DTS material. I do like hearing sounds on the left and right with a lot of content...bullets, machine guns ECT

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I'm not familiar with those bipoles, but I love mine. I switched from direct surround speakers to Energy bipoles a couple years ago. The sound is much more dispersive with the bipoles. I can't see myself ever going back to direct surrounds.

4. Phil A

Phil A Premium
    Supporter

Phil
    It depends on the room too. I have several systems in the house. I have directs in the main system but bipoles in the secondary basement system and the way the room is arranged they work great.