What's new

Apprentice Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Absolutely! I think I may have predicted that earlier in this thread. Too bad the network won't bend out of their mold of 30- and 60-minute shows. 90 minutes wouldn't be overkill for this one.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
During last season, NBC or one of its other networks would air an extended edition of the show over the weekend. Last night's episode felt short because the time at the beginning was devoted to the girl quitting.

~T

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The only extensions on the episodes last season were the boardrooms.

This show and Survivor could use 2-hour premieres and have the next three-four episodes be 90 minutes. It would improve them greatly.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Tough for them to do in the Thursday timeslot. ER is at the 9pm CST slot and Will and Grace is around 7:30. They'd have to move the show(not a bad idea) or move another show around to accomodate it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
We really don't need another 90 minutes of the applicants, especially when only one will be crowned, and rest are camera fodder. One hour is plenty. This is a weekly elimination show, another 30 minutes isn't going to make a difference in the final outcome each week.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Unbelievably bad commercials.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Two things bothered me about this episode.

One, the 'actress' and her rant. No actor would cause that much of a fuss unless they know they are unreplaceable and people actively seek out them for work. That was not the case with her, and any actor hired for a position would wait half a day for work to start. The team did screw up by not having someone there, and not knowing what was going on or when the talent was ariving, but waiting is 95% of an actors/models job. You are getting paid, you sit and wait. So that makes me think that she was 'acting' double that day. First she was hired by the group, and then she was hired by Mark Burnett to make a big ruccess when the team returned and threaten to walk just to 'add to the drama'. If she wasn't doing that, then she won't go beyond that lame Dove commercial in her career. As it stands, she is a dime a thousand, especially in NYC.

And second, it is just wrong to waste a nice 23" widescreen monitor on a game like Solitare. :D

Next weeks task looks to finally be creative and different from what we have seen so far.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Totally. I was ranting about her during the episode. She's a starving actress who all of a sudden is a diva.

Anyway, they were both bad commercials, but when Donny said the sexual one was un-airable, I had to groan. Has anyone seen the commercial where women simulate orgasms while using a brand of shampoo. Or the Dentine commercial where a young couple starts furiously making out in front of the parents, complete with a shirt flying off, those old Impostor Body Spray commecials with naked actresses excpet for the black bands over their privates. "Spray some on your arms, on your legs and then on your BEEEEEEPPPP" Do I need to go on?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Those commercials were so unbelievably bad that I don't blame Deutsch or Trump for not picking a winner. I think someone from each team should have been fired since they both failed miserably. On a positive note, I think I laughed more during this episode than any other Apprentice episode ever. Carolyn's jaw dropping when she saw the girl rubbing the cucumber was priceless. :D

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
wathed last night wih the husband and all I have to say is...

I have been to plenty of auditions to know that if I spouted off to the person running an audition like that actress did, They would have asked me to leave and to drop the diva attitude on the way out.

That whole thing was definitely done for the show. What a joke.

Not to mention, she sucked in the commercial.

I thought the guy from Networth actually had a decent idea, but little miss snotty PM didn't execute it well. I'm glad that she got fired...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I missed it. Can someone give me the rundown? Also, I saw a Dove commercial this morning and it was introduced by Trump & Carolyn. But, from what I am reading it wasn't either of the teams commercials.

ps-How did NetWorths Vince Vaugn lookalike do? From what I have seen of this season. He is the only one I like.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor

Both teams produced pathetic commercials that didn't represent Dove or the specific product (body-wash) well.

Magna's commercial featured a female chef helping the male chef wash his cucumber and coming on to him only for the male chef to leave at the end of the night in the arms of the male waiter. Tagline: "A refreshing twist."

NetWorth's commercial was supposed to be "funny" where marathon runners were grabbing water bottles along the route, but one guy grabs the Dove body wash instead, washes his face with it and wins the race. The PM, Kristen, went with the concept, but directed what little humor was there completely out of the finished commercial.

Ad exec., Donnie Deutsh (who, conveniently, had a promo for his CNBC show, "The Big Idea" during "The Apprentice") didn't care for either presentation so the Donald had both PM's bring in two people. Ultimately, the NetWorth Project Manager, Kristen, got fired because she didn't hold her team together.

Did anybody else notice that the real Dove ad (w/ Ms. Piggy) didn't exactly fit the concept that each team was given (the 30-second "film"). I think both teams made an attempt to "think outside the box" as they were told, and, yes, they failed to make compelling ads, but the real Dove ad wasn't exactly "out of the box" itself.

I just wonder if both teams would have made better commercials without the goal of creating something "original."

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
It seems like there are a lot of celebrity look-a-likes this season. Vince Vaughn, Ashlee Simpson and that wacko Danny guy reminded me of a skinny Michael Moore. :D

CurtM

Grip
Anyone notice that Chris (22) Street smarts has hardly been noticeable during task's this season, but when he opens his mouth in the boardroom he is completely upset? This guy needs some anger management. Trump would hardly go for someone so volatile.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well another interesting episode where I'm very happy with the outcome. That is Michael getting axed. What an insensitive arrogant guy he was.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You had to laugh when the Donald called Michael on his stupidity to interrupt the snipefest between Bren and the woman Bren dragged into the boardroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks