What's new

APPOINTMENT WITH DEATH ?? (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Since it is the time of year for "wish lists" ... i was wondering if anyone might have an idea of what might be keeping this fun title from appearing on DVD.

With a cast consisting of Lauren Bacall, Carrie Fisher, John Gielgud, Piper Laurie and of course Peter Ustinov it would be nice to have...even if the critics were not in love with it.

Guido Bibra

Stunt Coordinator
It's available from MGM/Sony in Region 2, a nice disc without extras but with an exceptionally good anamorphic transfer. I thought it might have been released in R1 now, but it looks like Sony only has the R2/4-rights and Paramount owns the movie in Region 1.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I burned a DVD-R from my full frame laserdisc. Not the best solution, but it works for now. I, too, would love to see an official Region 1 release.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Not a great movie (some of the casting was a bit weak, especially compared with the previous screen Poirot films), but by no means the worst Agatha Christie movie either. Didn't know about the R2 release, Giudo - thanks for the info!

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i've seen somewhere that Lionsgate will be Releasing Death on the Nile, etc again... (formally by Anchor Bay)...perhaps the paramount of who-ever could get on the band wagon and release this this title!! Would be truely appreciated. Yup...did the same with my LaserDisc...but sadly lacking in picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks