1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple kills the iPad2, replaces with iPad4

Discussion in 'Apple' started by mattCR, Mar 18, 2014.

1. mattCR

mattCR Well-Known Member
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    So, the iPad4 goes back into production to replace the iPad2 which is now going out of production. The iPad4 now becomes the 'entry' iPad, selling at $399.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/18/apple-ipad-2-retina-fourth-gen/
    This is really about setting a low end model that isn't completely overshadowed by Amazon, Samsung, etc. units. The iPad2 was pretty long in tooth at this point and needed to be kicked.

2. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

Recently bought a 4 for Christmas, and my reaction looking at the iPad 2 was just to use it as an archive reference to compare it to all the new features on the 4 and Air. 720p video, 30 pin connection--"Okay, I get the idea, I should get the new one! :blink: "

It's like watching Amazon sell the Paperwhite Kindle as a new "cool" alternative, but Apple isn't fooled as easily about how much the people want "cheaper" lower-tech models just to keep from retiring the old model off shelves.

3. Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr Well-Known Member

MichaelK
    Man...I just bought an Air yesterday as a gift because the recipient wanted a Retina display. If I waited a day I could have saved 100 bucks.