What's new

Apocalypse Now R2 (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what the bonus features are for the region 2 version of Apocalypse Now? I heard somewhere that it has deleted scenes that aren't on the R1 disc. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Also, I am talking about the original cut of the film, not redux.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...however, I suspect that the UK release (of the original AN) may well have been exactly the same as - or else very similar to - the French R2 release:
http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/fiche.php3?id=1981
...which may still be available from a French e-tailer (and which does not feature any deleted scenes - rather logically, I'd say)...
. . . . . .

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
..come to think of it, there may be (or have been, at one time) a Japanese R2 DVD release, either with (highly unlikely!) or without deleted scenes...
...I checked the sites of my usual suppliers of German and Italian and Spanish R2 DVDs and although I did find a few Coppola titles there, AN was not among them...
. . . . . .

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Bill,
The UK R2 release from Paramount did have a form of deleted scene with a short commentary on the destruction of the kurtz`s compound.
See a review on the UK website DVD Reviewer for full details
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/review...er=1240&Page=2
This version is now deleted in the UK as Buena Vista have the rights to the Redux so I presume Paramount no longer allowed to release it. We don't even get this until April !
Malcolm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks