What's new

AOTC & LOTR:EE/SE store price reports (threads merged) (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wal-Mart doesn't do a "Blanket" sale-pricing; it's up to competition in the local area.

Having said that, TRU's $9.99 price is good through 11/20th or while supplies last. Unless Wal-Mart knows that TRU is out of stock, there's no reason not to continue pricing until the TRU stock is depleted.

Maybe they plan to "extend" the match on a day-by-day basis, who knows? However, it would be a local decision made by the folks who run THAT Wal-Mart.

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Is the LOTR:EE $22.50 price a match from another retailer? I must've missed that one. I'd like to go back to Wal-Mart and get that price... anyone know what ad I'll need if it's not in their system? I paid 28.84:frowning:

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Here's what happened at my local Walmart at 12:15 am.
Star Wars 19.24 Price matched for 9.99 at register with TRU add.
LOTR Box 64.99 Price match for 49.99 at register with BB add.
The Walmart cashier also didn't catch the 1 per customer limit on the Star Wars so I picked up 2 :)
Grand total 74.52

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Christopher_S, hope I'm as lucky at my Wal-Mart this afternoon on the way home. I hate it when places give you the hassle of calling the other stores to see if they have any in stock. But at my Wal-Mart, there is not really a TRU nearby that you would consider close. So I think this would mean they'd have to call all in the area, and probably not worth it.

JasonD

Agent
Just got AOTC for $9.99. I was speechless when all 45 people waiting to get their copies told the store employees that they wanted Widescreen :) Young/Old, mothers/fathers, students...I think one person out of the whole group wanted pan/scam.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I just got back from getting my WS copy. The TRU near me had mostly full frame displayed, but the WS copies that were in the display were mostly gone. The clerk told me that people were mostly buying/asking for the WS. And, I experienced the same distribution of people checking out with WS as Jason did.

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, you will need the TRU add in MN. I didn't find one in the papers though. I picked one up at TRU.

My friend who works at Blockbuster has also informed me that they will price match for selected new DVDs AOTC and LOTR included.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At the Duluth, GA Wal-Mart, AOTC was $9.98 for today only. LOTR:EE was $24.88 (which I went ahead and bought because I found out about an easter egg on it with Jack Black and Sarah Michelle Gellar's MTV awards LOTR skit. I asked about the $22.50 price, but the clerk wasn't budging on the $24.88 price.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
got to TRU in Woburn, MA, at 9:45 Am, opened at 9:30 AM. One other guy was looking for it, store was empty. They did use the old supermarket, "Milk in the back of the store" technique. You had to go to the back of the store, pick up a ticket and go back to the front register hand them a ticket and they gave the DVD. It was fairly annoying but I was in and out in 5 mins.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
TRU: They handed out slips for either FS or WS AOTC (and most choose the WS edition. It took about 5 minutes to get checked out (20 people in front of me when I got there).

Wal-Mart: They beat TRU by one penny on the AOTC price. They put all the FS on display at the front of the store. Disgusted, I walked back towards the electronics section and found the WS copies of AOTC, pick that up for $9.98 (today only). The clerk was moaning about having to field the calls for AOTC's price all day long today.

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from Toys"R"US from Coral Springs, Florida. I was there at 9am and they had 5 copies of AOTC Widescreen. They were about 12 people there. I lucked out and got a copy for $9.99

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
I went to my local Wal-Mart at midnight last night. Place was pretty empty, maybe 1-2 others there to pick up the movie. They had a ton of them, in both formats. I took the scanned copy of the TRU ad that was floating around the ad and they price matched it - no problem!

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks