What's new

Anything new coming from Harmon Kardon soon (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
The 525 won't apply Logic 7 to dd/dts.
Brian, did you try this yourself? I'm just asking, because a lot of people thought that the 8000 didn't either, but it did. (Not in the manual.)
Play a DD/DTS DVD. Then try to engage Logic 7.
I took a look at the 7200's manual, and it too said that it wouldn't work, but like Scott alluded to, a picture is worth 1000 words! :)

BrianF

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin - Yeah I tried to engage Logic 7 for DD/DTS but it doesn't work. It's really too bad becuase Logic 7 is a great feature and Harman Kardon should take advantage of it.

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
Brian, someone recently posted a picture of the 7200 with the display showing logic7 overlaying dd....I'm pretty sure its in a recent thread here at htf. Scott
Could you direct me to that picture....I wan't the new 7 channel HKs to do HK 8000-style L7 processing on 5.1 sources SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad I can taste it:D
ALSO
This thread I started over at avsforum may be of intrest to the resident Logic 7 fans:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=184026
Apperently, Lexicon is working on a "baby" MC-12 at this very moment...
If this unit is everything I think it could be, it could be as close to the "IDEAL" pre/pro as any on the market :)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Brian- Oh well. :) Thanks for checking.
Henning- If you follow this link,
http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...207200&sType=C
It was there, but now seems not to be. (Maybe they are revising it.)
John- My bad. I thought I remembered someone somewhere saying once it wasn't in the manual even though the unit itself could. Maybe more than one rev of the manual? Or maybe they were referring to marketing info somewhere...

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
Well since I just bought an HK 520,its probobly a good bet the new 525 will be the the greatest H/T receiver ever released:D ,at least thats how it works when I buy anything else:D .I get the last model of "anything"and the new model comes out and it's praised as the grearest ...... (insert product) ever produced. LOL Its the Kolinski curse,I also appear to kill threads quite well also:)
greg

Greg Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guys,
Those looking for a pic of the 7200... Plus some other cool new stuff from H/K.
Harman Kardon 7200 Pics
If you click on the front pic of the 7200 you can clearly see the following details active.
Dolby Digital stream
DVD source
Coax digital input
Speaker indicators showing 5.1 source material
and the real kicker Logic 7 7CH C.
From this pic - it would appear as though the H/K 7200 is capable of overlaying L7 on 5.1 material.. Whether or not H/K will enable it for the consumer is a different story. Only time will tell. -gh

BrianF

Stunt Coordinator
I spoke with Harman Kardon the other day and they did say that it looks like the 7200 will not be out until early next year. Too bad because if it does do Logic 7 on digital sources I'm going to want to buy it. But I can't get myself to return the 525 and wait for the 7200 to come out. It's such a damn good receiver but Logic 7 is SO COOL I want to use it all the time. lol

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
From this pic - it would appear as though the H/K 7200 is capable of overlaying L7 on 5.1 material.. Whether or not H/K will enable it for the consumer is a different story. Only time will tell. -gh
Greg, when I look at that picture, it appears the source data being decoded is Dolby Digital, as opposed to Dolby Pro Logic...
At first I thought it was DPL, but H/K has moved DTS to the top of the indicators (as opposed to bottom right on the 520). The second indicator is now Dolby Digital.
Plus, the input source appears to be a DVD player.
On that basis, I'm certain the 7200 will decode DD and DTS into L7.
:D ;) :) ;) :D

Gil D

Supporting Actor
breakthrough technologies said:
The photo looks convincing, but I certainly wouldn't bet my life on it. That could be just an engineering prototype or mock-up. It's an easy firmware change to disable Logic anything. Where did these pics come from BTW?

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
A Main-in would go straight to the amplifier.
Or, if you're from the UK, it would be where you plug the power cord in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks