What's new

Anyone use the JVC JX-S111 or Shinybow SB-5470 component video switch? (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'll be needing a component video switch that can support HDTV signals. It will be switching between my Xbox and an HDTV receiver. I've been considering the JVC JX-S111 as it's priced well.

I also been looking at the Shinybow SB-5470, which I found on Ebay. One benefit of this unit is that it has a remote.

Anyone have experience with either switch? Is there another I should be looking at in the same price range?

MikeMe

Auditioning
I had the ShinyBow switch, but it had some strange interferance problems. Seems like one of the inputs would cause noise on the others.

I replaced it with the Video-Storm switch (CSW02 I think), and now have a perfect picture. The remote interface is great too, doesn't need a seperate remote.

MikeMe

Auditioning
I had the ShinyBow switch, but it had some strange interferance problems. Seems like one of the inputs would cause noise on the others.

I replaced it with the Video-Storm switch (CSW02 I think), and now have a perfect picture. The remote interface is great too, doesn't need a seperate remote.

Jay Blair

Second Unit
Until very recently I was using the JVC switchbox and liked it. Much better quality using this for component than trying to use one of the composite switchboxes people are recommending and using the composite output with the stereo lines to run component. I tried this and always found some degradation of the image that went away with the JVC.

Jay Blair

Second Unit
Until very recently I was using the JVC switchbox and liked it. Much better quality using this for component than trying to use one of the composite switchboxes people are recommending and using the composite output with the stereo lines to run component. I tried this and always found some degradation of the image that went away with the JVC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks