What's new

Anyone use karaoke in their home theater? (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Just curious, anyone use karaoke in their theater?
I went to a karaoke xmas party last Dec. and it was a blast!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
We have this karaoke thingy that we can plug into the system . Its quite entertaining for evryone as no one is embarassed on "stage".

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Jim Mcc,

No joke.
I recently purchased a pa system and plan on having family and friends do karaoke after watching a movie in May.
It should be a blast. I also plan on handing out a cd of everyone's performance. Eventually, I want to tape everyone performance so I can hand out DVDs.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
I have a karaoke set-up in my HT. It started out with about 2 K-discs now I have about 100. Can't tell you how much I've enjoyed it. It's really fun to get people who wouldn't normally sing to get up there and belt it out.
One thing to keep in mind is try to keep it fun. Some people can sing others CANNOT! But if you don't make fun of them there more likely to come back and sing again. It's all about having fun.

BTW- there's a few vendors on e-bay that sell K-disc's for as low as 1.99 a disc, good source for them.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I hear you John!
2000 discs when you first started! Wow!
100 is not a bad number either!
Sounds like your theater and karaoke setup is a lot of fun!

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
I remember someone who posted theater pictures here in the last year had a karaoke machine up front with their little girl holding the mic in one picture.

David

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator

Sorry meant 2 karaoke discs not 2000. Wow that's alot!
Lazy on the keyboard.

I try to make it fun. I have a disco ball, laser light, and bunch of other crazy DJ lights.

Another tip- Use a good Mic. I have 2-Shure mics that I use
and they sound much better than the one that came with the player.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Well, here are my pictures. My Dad is going to give me some stands that I can put my speakers on. Hopefully, the platform is wide enough. If not, he said to get a block to face the speakers upward. I was going to get these mounted on the wall but they stick out a lot and my room is only 12 feet wide. I don't want anyone to hit the speakers when they leave their seat while watching a movie.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
Looks cool. Having separate PA speakers is the way to go. People tend to want scream sometimes into the mic.(Especially after a couple of drinks)
So there's no chance of them killing your HT speakers.

Good luck and have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks