What's new

anyone recover a SVS? (1 Viewer)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I'm not married but I doubt I would want a big black SVS in my living room either. So tell your wife she has one supporter. I don't see the problem. She doesn't like the appearance and she wants to make it more to her liking. Its not like she is demanding that he has to get rid of it or even do anything for that matter. I do have a problem with guys rolling over for their wives, but this is hardly a case. I still have a hard time believing SVS doesn't offer a white, beige or cream cover just for this reason. Save the pity for the guys who sell their SVS when they get married and are forced/decided to buy a Bose setup.

Edit: ScottCHI, you beat me by two minutes...:D

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
someone ought to create a niche with the sales of these covers in comparison to how many svs owners there are out there. Sort of like the many case style for cell phones, only 5,000x bigger!!!!!

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I'm sure all that wife bashing was in jest. Right, guys?

Now, if you get married, you have to make sure you get to keep all the toys you have. If not, she can go to separate direction. That's why I'm now buying all the toys while I still can.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Cloth covers are hardly high tech. The Wife in WAF should be the provider and decider of the choice of fabric.

Given free reign SWMBO will probably choose something tasteful. Red leather? Tartan? Cascading pink tutu net frills? Hand knitted Angora? Fur? Hand woven Irish Tweed? Pinstripe. Vinyl? Army camouglage?

Power dressing takes on a whole new meaning! :D

ChrisBee

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
SVS actually asked the question regarding different color choices in their survey. This apparently isn't the first time it came up.

Bill

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
someone creative could come up with some wild covers.

one that looked like a rocketship, for example. the sky's the limit for someone with an imagination.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
One of my friends automotive suppliers sells what "appears" to be the same plush/lush/velvety like fabric that SVS's socks are made of. This is what I used to cover my 2039PC clone I built. I can't sew to save my ass, so my GF mom made the sock to spec with elastic in the top and bottom and it fit perfect.

Side by side with a real 2039, aside from no SVS logo on the bottom missing on mine, they where nearly "indistinguishable"-aha phoo, looked the same....

The thing is this plush ass material came in other colors, such as Maroon, Cream, Egg shell white, Bright WHITE, Brown's~lite and dark, Blue's~dark-med and sky, and a gaudy lemon as I remember. Not cheap stuff tho, and I had to by a min amount which was almost twice what I needed.

The automotive wholesaler place I bought it from was out of Wisconson somewhere, but where they get it I don't know. I found the stuff while looking threw one of the many automotive cataloges my friends body shop gets. I wish I could remember the name of this place as I'm sure many would like a sock in a different color than the black. But for me, the black I think looks nice and is what I put on mine. This was nearly 3 years ago tho....

Maybe SVS will come out with a all creamy white, or the ever popular wall paint color (Egg shell) tube. Imagine the same exact sub, but everything that is black, is now the cream white or Egg shell white.. Including the base, legs, top mesh cover, cover foam bricks, ports, and port blockers.

Cool, an Albino SVS
It could happen...NOT

I'm sure tube colors have been tossed around over at SVS already many times, but black is just the dominit color in HT, and thats why the majorty of their sub are Black and will most likely stay that way..Beside when the lights go down or out, it just disappears....

Regards
Geoff

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
When I get my first place, the main living space will be a home theater that doubles as a living/family room!

As I am a car freak, I need to find a woman that is into cars (they exsist) and doesn't mind 'stuff' like car parts and Klipschorns :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,
Hey.....what about one of those tri-fold screens to hide the sub...if it doesn't rattle too much!!

Joe

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
sell it and get an 18" Velodyne. when she bitches about the money then say "my point exactly, that's why I went with the SVS in the first place!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks