1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone looking forward to The Simpsons: Hit & Run?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by David Ely, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Well-Known Member

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Well-Known Member

3. Scott L

Scott L Well-Known Member

Best Buy has the game for $40. Worth every penny imo! Me and my buds are huge fans of the series (who isn't?) so it was hilarious to interact with characters like The Comic Book Guy and Wiggum. [​IMG]

Best Simpsons game since Bart vs the Space Mutants on NES. [​IMG]

4. Mike_G

Mike_G Well-Known Member

Mike
    I picked this up today.

Off the bat, I'm REALLY enjoying it. For one thing, it plays out like a classic episode. The humor is dead on. My nephew and I were laughing our ass off.

Anyway, the controls are about as perfect as you can get. I found the steering, acceleration, and braking to be very, very good, if not perfect. Each car handles differently, but the default car for each chapter handles very well.

The chapters are set up as different themes (I've only played Homer and Bart so far). The chapters have their own number of "extras" such as racing bonus missions, collectors cards (I think it's 7/chapter), unlockable cars, and outfits to buy.

I've seen a lot of comparisons to GTA, but the difference is in the context of the game. Where GTA is more realistic, this game is more cartoony, so running people down doesn't seem as brutal as it does in GTA. I tried beating people up on the street which yields no coins. What you do get from both games is awareness by the police that you're up to no good, and they WILL catch up with you (Chief Wiggum not withstanding).

The only problem I can see with this game is that it looks as if it can be beaten quite quickly, without doing 100% of all the chapters. I'm not sure what the actual number of hours it's supposed to take to beat it, but in 2 hours, I did 2 chapters. I think there are 7 in all.

I'd have to say that it is, by far, the best Simpsons game ever made. It takes bits of Crazy Taxi, GTA, and ties them together with classic Simpsons humor.

Mike

5. Scott L

Scott L Well-Known Member

Playing it after a while I can see why it wasnt rated so high. Thre are a lot of "tasks" that make you gather 30 or so trinkets within a given time limit for a side story that you have to do to progress in the game. Just annoying things like that are cheap little time wasters that programmers can pump out that add hours to the gameplay. [​IMG]

I wish you did play an actual episode, now that would be cool.

6. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Well-Known Member

Michael
    Played it, loved it (though there were 2-3 missions that took me FOREVER to beat.)

Next "Simpsons" game should have nothing to do with racing though, I think they've covered that ground by now.