What's new

Anyone looking forward to The Simpsons: Hit & Run? (1 Viewer)

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Yeah, that would stop me from buying it right there, I don't have my xbox hooked up with analog audio cables. Perhaps I can go to the local blockbuster and check this out firsthand, because if it weren't for that I would most like to get the xbox version.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
The game 'Sky Odyssey' for the PS2 had the same problem. No audio if you are hooked up with anything other than analog audio. I sold it right back.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
PS2's support of the optical out is a lot sketchier, though. My stereo tends to lose sync with it sometimes, whereas it has never lost sync with the xbox or anything else.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
The Xbox version could not output audio if you had it hooked up to your reciever via the digital audio cable.
How is that possible? Isn't the responsibility for handling the 1s and 0s with the hardware? Through the DAC to the analog outputs or piped straight out through the optic cable.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
That's the same thing I was thinking, Jay...

It would be like if a certain DVD didn't output DTS over an optical cable. That doesn't make sense, when it's only a signal going over a cable when the transmission method shouldn't matter.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
There are a few PS2 games that don't work over the Optical cable... don't ask me how.

I believe Parappa the Rapper 2 is one of them.

Glen

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
My Xbox is hooked up with both optical and RCA audio outputs. Simpsons Hit & Run plays fine over both.

-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Kinda boring, so far. :frowning: I just played for about 1 1/2 hours, but nothing really "fun" has happened so far. It is structed like GTAIII, but has a very linear feel so far. I just got to the second area though, so hopefully things will open up more.

I'm getting a strange visual artifact though - when the screen has a lot of detail, the image momentarily shifts when I rotate. For example, if the camera was rotating clockwise, the bottom half of the screen will pause for a split-second while the top continues to rotate. I've seen this in PC games when running on an PC that wasn't up to par, but only once on a console (the 720p mode of Tony Hawk 4).

-Dave

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Agreed, plays fine on my optical line. I apparently like the game more than Dave does, I think its awesome so far and I'm still on the 'Homer' missions.

Definitly worth a buy IMO.

Sam

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
iv'e seen the scene skipping thing too.

so far the only other problem i have is control of the cars driving.
it seems too loose. lots of wide turns going around corners.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i'm not to sure i like the missions for bart. too many race missions.

the homer ones were fun tho'.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone with the Xbox version confirm whether or not you can play it in 16:9 widescreen?

I bought the PS2 version, which can't be played widescreen and I would consider trading it in for the Xbox version if it plays in widescreen.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I really this game. Ive almost got 100% on the first two levels.
Not to many complaints. I also saw the skip thing and its no big deal, at least to me.

4 out of 5

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
I am playing it on a panny 50" lcd, and it is 480p widescreen, and I am seeing some wierd graphically problems, as well, but I think it is one of the best games of the year :D I am up to the lisa missions.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
There are a couple of bugs and the camera is horrible sometimes, but it's by far the best simpsons game yet.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Finally picked this game up, and I have to agree, it is addicting to play. The controls are great, the graphics are great, and the exploring is interesting.

This is what Simpsons Road Rage should havebeen, rather than just a straight out driving game. Although, I hope that Konami still releases a port of the original arcade game with a brand new beat em up game included...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks