What's new

Anyone listen to these shows? (1 Viewer)

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
I can't sample everything I want to so I wanted to hear from some of you if you've ever listened to the following. They sound real good but I'm so consumed with some other stations I always forget when these are on. So tell me what you think of the following shows.

On Left of Center 26...

Matt Pinfield Plays Whatever He Wants
First Thursday of every month 7 pm ET
Tune in on the first Thursday of every month to hang with Matt Pinfield. Pinfield, who is well known for his work in television and radio, as well as his encyclopedic knowledge of rock 'n' roll, joins the Left of Center team to play some brand new songs, deep album cuts and well, whatever else he wants.

and three shows from Underground Garage 25...

Joan Jett’s Radio Revolution
Saturdays 3 pm - 7 pm ET
Rebroadcast Sundays 7 pm - 11 pm ET
The ultimate "Grrrrl Rocker" brings her brand of no holds barred Rock 'n' Roll to the Underground Garage. She's joined in the studio by her manager, Kenny Laguna (a character in his own right). Her fiery personality makes this one of the most incendiary shows on the air...anywhere!!!

The Ko Melina Program
Saturdays 11 pm - 3 am ET
Rebroadcast Sundays 7 am - 11 am ET
Ko Melina is an important member of the scene in the city which is the "hub" of garage rock activity in America today...Detroit, Michigan! She's played with many of the city's most prestigious bands, and hangs with its rock royalty including the White Stripes. Stay up with what's going down. Catch Ko!

The Handsome Dick Manitoba Program
Monday to Friday 8 pm - midnight ET
The former lead singer for The Dictators was named "Best Satellite Radio DJ" by the New York weekly, The Village Voice. Manitoba truly is Mr. Manhattan. Hear him take on anything and everybody every weeknight.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I listen to this show every Saturday. Joan is very deadpan and her manager sounds like he burned out a very long time ago, but their musical taste is spot-on for the channel. Can't say I've ever hated a song they played, although some are very obscure. The banter is first rate, similar to the sort of dumb industry insider critiques that used to come out of Joe Walsh and Rick "the Bass Player" when they used to have a show a few years back.

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Nice, thanks Jeff. I wish we could get more activity on this forum going. There's some great programming going on at 100 and 101, but there's some great things all around the service. There's got to be more satisfied subscribers out there. Let's hear from you all!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

In all honesty, I've tired of every Howard thread being invaded by a certain O&A fan every time one comes up. I'd be posting more about the 100 and 101 channels, except for that.

Aside from that, there isn't much to say about Sat radio lately. I enjoy the service, I enjoy my S50 and my ALP-SIR1 and, like Howard, I'm just basking in the fact that I can have no commercials music and uncensored talk without having to worry about whether my favorite personality is going to sell his soul back to FM :laugh: .

Seriously, one thing I want is a true Punk Rock channel (1st Wave is good, but not punk) and to bring back the Sirius Right lineup and space them into Sirius Patriot somehow (two replays of G. Gordon Liddy and no Laura Ingraham???). -- Sorry if my political leanings offend

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
i listened to ko's show last week.just a little bit.not a lot.going to listen again this week.since i grew up in the 80s i like nina blackwoods 80s countdown on the weekends.not that its great but she plays a cluster of songs from one year and it takes me back.its cool.i love having espn radio playboy is nice also.am i wrong or does bill walton have a show on sirius.

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Both of the Little Steven programmed channels align closely with my musical preferences (Underground Garage and Outlaw Country,) and both are eclectic enough that most of my music-listening veers between those stations.

My favorite show on Underground Garage is Andrew Loog Oldham's (6-8PM ET M-F plus a weekend show that is repeated at least once.) He's hilarious, but I really cannot tell too great a distinction between the playlists of most of the various UG jocks. I think there is an artist- and or record- "breaking" mentality in play, so tracks show up x number of times a day regardless of the "jock" whose name is on the show.

Outlaw Country's Mojo Nixon (the "loon in the afternoon") can still make me laugh occassionally. Also check out his "political talk show" on Sirius Stars: Lyin' Cocksuckers (Friday and Saturday evenings.) Cowboy Jack Clement does a show on OC on the weekends where he tells some great stories. Outlaw Country plays a lot of Steve Earle, but also plays the Rolling Stones; Lynyrd Skynyrd and George Jones; Hank Williams plus the Byrds, Dylan, etc.

David Johansen's Mansion of Fun (Sirius Disorder Fridays 3-9PM ET) is amazing. He veers from girl group (not surprising as the NY Dolls singer) to Verdi, from Nino Rota to early blues records, from early Grateful Dead to the Carpenters, from Bread to world music. Definitely one of the most eclectic shows I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks