1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know what's going with Larry Sanders S2?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul_Stachniak, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

Its been way over a year since the last season was released on DVD, and I haven't heard anything about a second season.

I'm assuming it didn't sell well, which is probably a key factor into why Columbia doesn't want to continue it.

However, has anybody heard anything about this release?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It's done very poorly in broadcast syndication, at least here in Philly. Probably a good indication

3. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    If it does poorly in that medium, it is probably because they have to censor it for broadcast.

4. Seth_S

Seth_S Second Unit

Sony screwed up by pricing the set at $40 MSRP. They also should have waited to see how the later, funnier seasons sold before pulling the plug.

I think they would have had better luck releasing 2 seasons at a time together, and setting the price no more than $50 MRSP.

I can't imagine the show in syndication considering how many punch lines were delivered with a four letter word.

5. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Not to mention the entire episode about Hank's fan-club newsletter's "typo."

Agreed they priced this thing way too high.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Geeze, I've practically given up on this one. Really. I think they DID price the first one too high ($53.99 SRP originally! [​IMG] ), and by the time the price was lowered (to a still-too-high $39.95) no retailer was "wasting" shelf space on it. I hope I'm wrong, and I'm working on zero info from Columbia, but I personally think S2 plans are doomed.

7. Seth_S

Seth_S Second Unit

I'm regretting not taping the series off HBO Comedy when they ran it in order last summer.

8. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

It used to get a fair amount of syndication here in Canada. Especially our comedy central rip-off. However, now nothing... (I promised myself I wouldn't cry)

I'm gonna see how available the show is on Kazaa, maybe we all might have some luck there.

I just hope that if Columbia ever does release NewsRadio on DVD, they wont over charge for it, then cop out after season 1, that would seriously tick me off.

9. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Glad I'm not alone wondering about the subsequent seasons of this on DVD. I was afraid that with so many TV season boxsets being released, one of them will be unfinished, but never thought something as great as Larry Sanders would be that one!

I might as well start recording it off Bravo and in 2 months have full seasons 3, 4, 5, and 6.