What's new

Anyone Know If Gladiator Will Come Out On HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Keenan
The one movie I want to see most on HD-DVD is Gladiator. Can't imagine how wicked the opening war scene and the stadium fighting sequence will look.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i hope they just go with extended scene+dts-HD master or somn =D. just like they did with KOH DC.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Amen on that wicked opening.

DreamWorks' home vid distrib is now handled by Paramount, which of course supports both HD DVD and BD. The question perhaps is when will Steven (and perhaps Jeffrey and David) bless the release of DW titles on high def of whatever flavor. Kelley Avery, formerly head of home vid at DW, thankfully displaced Eric Doctorow at Par. IMO she "gets it": she was there back in 1998 when DW was releasing strong, all anamorphic, supp-laden DVDs like Prince Of Egypt from the jump.

Here's hoping Road To Perdition is also amongst Par's first HDs of the DW catalog.

"Range is good,"
-p

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
P.S. - I'd speculate that there's a good chance that DTS--hopefully DTS HD MA--will be at least as common on DW's high def releases as it was on their SDs. Steven's Amblin is a founding partner of DTS.

This movie would be sweet on HD-DVD, but, with my XA2 (into a Samsung HL-S6188W 1080p DLP) the SD-DVD looks FANTASTIC!!!

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
does the XA2 really look that much better than the A2, the A1, or any other good upconverter? I just haven't seen any difference in any of the upconverting SD.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I too lok forward to Gladiator, a movie that has it all, image, sound, music etc. With the recent Dreamworks rumours, who knows, we may see it on both formats.

Moving to HDef Software.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks