What's new

Anyone Know If a New "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Movie Is in the Works? (1 Viewer)

Josh.C

Second Unit
I am amazed at how the Turtle's have stuck around all this time, I have seen all kinds of cartoon fads come and go, but the Turtles seem to have survived where others have failed.

It is really quite a phenomenon.

JC

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Seriously. Hard to believe it's been 13 years or so since I was looking forward to TMNT3, and I was about 9 years old. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I think the Turtles have survived and thrived for so long because of their versatility. The sheer variety of stories told between the comics, three TV series, and three movies is mind-boggling. Also, I think almost everyone can relate to one or more of the foursome.

The animation in the teaser was breathtaking, easily surpassing my expectations. If the story is on that level, I think the movie could be a major hit. Regardless, I'll be seeing it opening day.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
how long do turtles live? i mean "Teenage" is 13-19, so that means these turtles should be pretty old =).

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
YiFeng said:
how long do turtles live? i mean "Teenage" is 13-19, so that means these turtles should be pretty old =).
Plastic Surgery. :)
The first TMNT movie was easily my favorite, I tried to watch the second one about a year or two ago and couldn't get into it. Even though it was my favorite one growing up. The cartoon series (the first one) is easily one of the better cartoon's, that matched up with the Real Ghostbusters was the reason I looked forward to getting up on Saturday Mornings.
This looked good, I like that Mikey is still the goofball, and they all still have their definitive personalities. I can't wait to see this.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I wonder if there's any chance that they'll reuse some of the music from the first movie. The original TMNT had one of the best "one-guy-at-a-keyboard" scores ever, next to The Terminator.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I saw this on joblo but I can't watch the trailer since I don't have administrative rights to watch some quicktime trailers. Pretty Old is right, yet I can't see them changing it to Pretty Old Mutant Ninja Turtles, just throw the whole thing off. :)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
TG: I would like to think it would be that easy. But we’re releasing March 30th, so there’s not a lot of room. When we finally go to MPAA, we’ve got to make sure. So we got rid of the throwing stars and things we know will be banned in England. Also, in Scandinavia nunchucks are a no-no. We also made a conscious effort to make it more contemporary. It is a harder world than it was 15 years ago. The world is not a good place today. So the movie has to be reflective of where kids are today.>>>>

Taken from the Article.

This is what worries me the most. Why does an American toon have to suffer because of laws in different countries? Let them edit that stuff out, or rework it for other countries, but don't alter the source material to be universally friendly. Please don't tell me Mikey is going to be stuck with a grappling hook or Tonfa again.

For those who want to know why Fast Forward Exists, my site has a bit of info. Shreddersdojo.com . A further explination is coming once we get the news script running..

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I'm sorry, but I'm sure I didn't just read in that producer interview that he thinks "Spirited Away" has no story?!?!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Man, this guy doesn't impress me much at all.

Another animated Highlander show? I hope it is better than that kiddie crap that they made many years ago.

Jason

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I saw the trailer on Friday with Ant Bully, the kids were interested, CGI it looks like to me. So we'll wait and see I think it comes out in March 2007. Thanks Stephanie, it is the same trailer I saw in the movies.

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
Judging by the fact that the trailer is running with the Ant Bully it looks like we are going to get another kiddy movie. Is there any other way to market a Turtles movie? Probably not.

I can't wait to see Leonardo use his swords to cut the chandelier support to take out some Foot Soldiers. That's so much more effective than actually stabbing them. (end sarcasm)

I'll probably still see the movie but I sure would like to see the TMNT actually act like NINJAS someday.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Brian_Pete said:
Judging by the fact that the trailer is running with the Ant Bully it looks like we are going to get another kiddy movie. Is there any other way to market a Turtles movie? Probably not.
I can't wait to see Leonardo use his swords to cut the chandelier support to take out some Foot Soldiers. That's so much more effective than actually stabbing them. (end sarcasm)
I'll probably still see the movie but I sure would like to see the TMNT actually act like NINJAS someday.
I told Dan the Mirage web dude, they would have been better off going with a series on HBO, but sadly there would be no way to fund it without moichendizing...

Stephanie B

Agent
Real Name
Stephanie
are there any soundclips of mako doing splinters voice cause im dying to hear what splinters gonna sound like

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks