What's new

Anyone Know If a New "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Movie Is in the Works? (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
awww Mikey...

I really hope this teaser is attached to Clerks, it'd be great to hear a Kevin Smith audience shit their pants and then turn into a batch of screaming nine year old monkey children.

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
Adam_S said:
awww Mikey...
I really hope this teaser is attached to Clerks, it'd be great to hear a Kevin Smith audience shit their pants and then turn into a batch of screaming nine year old monkey children.
It'll probably be attached to Monster House this week or the Ant Bully next week.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Looks awesome. Next year is shaping up to be a great year, with Spider-Man 3, Transformers, and now this.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I guess if you're 8 years old this would be a "fun" movie...:rollingeyes:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Fun looking teaser. I really like the stylized CG. I never thought I'd say it, but I'll definitely be there.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Yeah, I'm there. I love TMNT, and I hope this one hits closer to the tone of the comics. I loved the original two live action films, but I'm really interested to see where this one goes.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
And this is the movies official title, so don't bother me about abreviations ;)..
Who here saw the Hi-Def Trailer? The base was so good it shook something on a table a few feet away :).
It'll take a while to get used to yet another set of new voices for the turtles, but at least they arn't going the celebrity voice actor route. I think they knew they would face a backlash if they did this with the turtles. The only VA confirmed so far is an actual Japanese Voice Actor by the name of Mako for Splinter. He's probably best known for Aku in Samurai Jack.
www.tmnt.com

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Neil - it seems that the only time we chat is in a section regarding the TMNT!

Thanks for the heads up, I am so looking forward to this movie!

ry

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
It'll probably be attached to Monster House this week or the Ant Bully next week.>>>
Wich is really appropriate, since the only voice I recognised in the trailer for Ant Bully, was Rob Paulsen. And we all know why that is important. Heh, they spent millions of dollars for celebrity voices, and I couldn't tell you one of them....except for the Celebrity TV Voice with years of experience in Childrens Animation :).
So, is it confirmed that Mako will be replaced, so as not to be a different voice in the sequal, or has all his footage been recorded and inserted?
I really loved his Aku voice, and it's great they finally got a Japanese actor for the Japanese Rat. I wonder who is going to voice Shredder... It would just be too cool if they got James Avery again. He could do a pretty pissed off Shredder when the situation called for it.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
showing my age... i grew up with these characters =).
the new trailer looks awesome. it kept to the characterizations of each character. michaelangelo is the one who falls =). that's awesome. i'd love to see how they conquer pizza.
i bet pizza sales will skyrocket once this new film comes out. it's one big ad for pizzas ;).
i'm so there.

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
To be honest with you I hope they don't really emphasize the pizza eating, cowabunga spewing, sewer surfing crap that was showcased in the old cartoon series. That stuff was great when I was 10 but I don't want to see a movie with any of that in it.

When I was a kid I got to read the original series in trade paperback and even then I could tell how vastly superior those stories were to the Archie comics and cartoon series. Much more serious with out the G rated garbage.

I've heard that the new movie will be more like the original comics than the old movies or cartoons. I've even heard that a variation of the rooftop scene from issue number 1 will be used in the videogame adaptation. I really hope this makes the movie (sliced up turtles, foot soldiers and all) because that is still one of my favorite TMNT stories/scenes in any medium. I've always hated how a guy like Leonardo, running around with two katanas, can only disable enemies by cutting down a chandelier so it falls on their head. Come on!!

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any humor in the movie (I'm glad that Mikey is still the goofball) but let's keep the campiness to a minimum. The old cartoons and movies are already on DVD if we want to see that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've heard it's based on the Mirage comics as well. I don't think you have to worry. The trailer kind of showed that perfectly. Completely serious, completely bad-ass, and then Mikey messes up the mood temporarily.

I was sort of worried when I heard the movie was computer generated, picturing one of those crappy Saturday morning cartoons with the totally fake-looking computer models. Turns out, it looks terrific.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Shredder's not in this.

also, the more "serious" elements in the original Eastman/Laird comics were pretty much satire. The comedy came from the fact that all this "serious, gritty, noir-ish" comics action was being perpetrated by Teenaged. Mutant. Ninja. Turtles.

I think if they took that tack, too many people would miss the joke.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Robert Anthony said:
Shredder's not in this.
Not as the main villain :). Supposedly he's only in it to set up the sequal. So if this is indeed a sequal to movie 2, it'll be interesting to see if they keep or ditch 'Super Shredder'.
As a kid, and even as an adult, he was always my favorite turtle villain. Part of that had to do with the voice James Avery provided, and the VA's that followed. So, naturally, I liked Part 2 over Part 3. I rembember seeing Part 2 in theaters with a friend, and as his hand came up through the garbage, I remember thinking, 'Ewww.....gross out!', or something similair.
But, after growing up, I've learned to like #3 more than #2. #2 is so filled with executive meddling.... the 'Hot Artist of the year?' Vanilla Ice and the choreographed Ninja Rap.... Shredder's Costume mutates to a mutagen that only affects living things... that #3 is more to the core of the turtles. If you can get past the non Jim Henson( Spots extreme!) costumes, the Terrible Splinter/dog puppet, and the alternate Splinter voice...#3 probably is the better of the 2...

Stephanie B

Agent
Real Name
Stephanie
i didnt like the way splinter and the turtles looked in the third movie especially splinter he looks awful

i wonder what hes gonna look like in cgi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks