What's new

Anyone know about Jano speakers? (1 Viewer)

Phil Dally

Stunt Coordinator
I tried to run a search on these speakers but the search engine was down.

I'm considering the Jamo A 410 PPD. anyone have experience with them?

The correct spelling is JAMO.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
Yeah hi, i have a stereo set up with Jamo, i love how they sound, might not by the best but hell i love em....had them since 90' but one of the woofer just blew so i went ahead and got some PSB minis....they are from denmark btw, they are pretty popular in europe, i would say their design is more from classical/jazz type of music then any other...don't expect them to play drum and bass all that well....other then that i think you should give them a listen before buying...

Walt Park

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm... the 410 appears to be a flat thin speaker. It appears to be one of those packages that go for looks over sound.

The manual shows them to be 2 way but with essentially no enclosure. Just some help from a thin curved baffle.

I would guess that they sound how they look. Thin and flimsy, but I havent heard them so take that with a grain of salt.

I just sold a pair of Jamo E800's which I bought new for 300/pr. I listened to them against the lower line psb's, polk rt's, and most other stuff in that price, and found them to be cleaner sounding than the rest.

I think jamo is one of those, part crap, part decent stuff companies.

The 410 looks like a 5.1 HTIB, sorta deal, so the stuff the others are describing isn't necessarily a good comparison.

At $800 for the set, I'd spend my money on something else.

If you're going for the look, then maybe. If you're going for the sound, I dont think I'd suggest those. Even the sub looks thin, and unfortunately will probably sound thin too.

It sure is tempting to buy an all in one that is thin and attractive. But if you want something that looks nice, get some sculptures/paintings/etc. If you want something that sounds nice. Get something physically larger. If you want something that sounds nice, but cant take up the space, or dont want to look at them, get a nice set of headphones.

Glenn^Mil

Auditioning
Phil,

Personally I found the A410 package to be a little `bright' musically (but it is still a very good speaker system). However, if you are looking at these apeakers, I assume that the visual look of the speakers are important, and given the price, sound and appearance, the only other speaker to audition would be the KEF KHT 2005. The Jamo speaker stands were visually the best I have seen. And the only other limitation would be due to their size, where I would not recommend them in listening area above 250 sq feet.

If the budget allowed, you should also listen to the Jamo A510 as front speakers to compliment the rest of the 410 package.

John A. Casler

Second Unit
I ahve used that system and if you are looking for a "small" and stylish system it will fit the bill.

I have several "plasma" owners use them since they are "cool" looking and even women seem to like them (in fact they were designed by a female design team)

BUT...

If you are looking for some serious great sound, look elswhere. They are rather lightweight in impact and performance, although you can't expect too much for $800.

I would say the JBL and Energy Systems in that price range would pack more punch and music.

Regards,

John

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
might not by the best
The Oriel they once produced was about 15k. 6ft tall and weighed over 250lbs each. Incredible sound!

Jamo has experince with everything from entry level, to reference 2ch, and professional. Very competant stuff from Denmark.

-rob

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
The Jamo A410s are neat speakers, mostly meant for smaller rooms and you will be paying alot for the design. If you don't care about the design you can get the A330s for 599.99 which will offer better quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks