What's new

Anyone hear anything about 'IDENTITY'? It looks very good. (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I too saw this film today after waiting for it for almost a year, and I'll be damned if it wasn't more than worth the wait and the trouble I went to to see it early. This is easily one of the best horror films in years, and is definitely THE best film of 2003 so far in my opinion. I loved how everything turned out, and the actors (all of whom I love) were great as expected! I'll be seeing this again on opening day and many more times afterwards. Also, I will have a far more lengthy review then with spoilers, etc., but as of right now I can say that this film gets a perfect :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: from me, and its going to be hard for any other films this year to top it.

If you guys are even half as big of horror fans as I am, trust me and see this immediately upon its release! I already want to watch it again!

Nick C.

Second Unit
wow praises abound, and it comes out on the same day as Confidence with Dustin Hoffamn, Edward Burns, et al... anyone hear much or been able to watch this?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Saw that one last week at the local film fest. Solid flick, nothing mind-blowing. I did review it if you're interested.

Wow. Two great ensembles in one day. Cool. (Identity would absolutely be my first choice on the 25th!)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I'd say it's worth the full nine bucks! :emoji_thumbsup:
Damn, you people are lucky. My local theater cost $12 bucks for me. Anyhow, this film is easily more than worth that price, and I'll be seeing it many more times when its released, so that's a lot of cash! This gem is more than worth it though.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Saw a sneak preview yesterday. I am not a fan of the genre, yet this is one solid movie. The build up of tension in the first hour or so was unbearable, even for me who am ususally left cold by this kind of movie. The characters were perfectly well introduced with some non linear storytelling.

However, half way or perhaps 2/3rd into it, the movie takes an unexpected turn that I am still not sure about, as it somehow took much of the tension away for me. Others will love it I am sure.

The best thing about it is the cast. Totally outrageous. I also like the absence of obligatory love story or sex scene - it's all business, and a good one at that.

This is a sure buy for me, an evening with friends with this one should be priceless.

:star::star::star:1/2 Might lose that half a point by the end of the year, but for now, fully deserves it!

--
Holadem

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I have been looking forward to this for awhile.
Even John Cusack, in an interview said that it kept him guessing while reading the script.
I thought it opened this Friday but its not until the following week.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Good film. :star: :star: :star: Often suspenseful. Mangold makes great use of close-ups to create tension. The trailers really haven't given away anything, IMO.

Nick, Dustin Hoffman has a small role in Confidence. Edward Burns and Rachel Weisz, among others, are in it far more. Hoffman's part is more of a glorified cameo. FWIW, :star: :star: for Confidence. Not bad, but not engrossing enough. Mamet-lite.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Some people were calling this a horror...would you consider it a mystery/suspenseful film or a horror film? When I hear horror, I think of blood and guts.

Is this a mystery or a horror pic? I'm not a big blood and guts fan, but this movie looks really interesting.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
This is definitely a horror film. Despite what some people think, horror is not just blood and guts. I would classify IDENTITY as a psychological horror film, and a masterful one at that. Mangold himself referred to it as horror in an interview (at Joblo I think) if you don't want to believe me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks