What's new

Anyone hear anything about 'IDENTITY'? It looks very good. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
During Buffy tonight I saw a trailer for a film called Identity and was very intrigued. It stars Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet and a bunch of other stars who are all stranded at a hotel together and get entwined in some sort of trouble. It looks very promising to me, hell, the trailer itelf was suspensful!

The way the trailer portrayed the film, it struck me as a cross between Clue and Psycho, if that makes any sense.

Anyone have any info on this film?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I have been following this film for a while, as it looks spectacular, and it has an outstanding cast consisting of Amanda Peet, Jake Busey, Ray Liotta, Clea Duvall, Rebecca De Mornay, etc. As of right now, this is my most anticipated film of the year.

The trailer pretty much outlines the plot. Ten people who don't know each other get stranded at a motel because of a storm, and they find out that they are all connected some how, and someone or something begins killing them. If there are any Dean Koontz fans on this board, the setup is a bit similar to his novel, STRANGERS, but I think that's where the similarities end.

Anyhow, this is one film I've been looking forward too, and being a horror fanatic, I have known about it for a while, and I am pleased that I'll finally be able to see it on the 25th. I can pretty much guarantee you right now that I'll more than likely wind up loving this film, and I'll probably see it at the theater multiple times. It just looks too perfectly done to fail IMO!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I saw the trailer for it last week when I saw Dreamcatcher. It definitely caught my attention and I'll likely see it in the theater.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ditto fellas.

I saw this trailer a few weeks ago and immediately thought "Hey, I like ALL these actors!" And it looks like it could be an exciting little roadside thriller. Kinda like Joy Ride with a bigger cast and only one set.

Looking forward to it!

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
When I first saw the trailer I could not wait for this movie to be released. I started searching around on the internet to see if I could find any early reviews just to see what type of "buzz" it was receiving. Unfortunately, I came across a little blurb that completely ruined the movie for me.

Believe me when I say that you can not understand how p*****d I am right now! :angry:

I will still see this when it comes out, but it is not nearly as high as what it was on my "anticipation" list.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Don't forget John Cusack is in this as well. He's one of my favorite actors, so I will definitely be seeing this!

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Brett,

What kind of blurb was it, a spoiler? If so, what is the site so I don't accidentally stumble upon it?

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Dana,

The blurb was a "spoiler". I went to the Internet Movie Database to see what other actors were in the movie, and at the bottom of the first page (about the movie "Identity") there's an area in regards to the message board. I clicked on the topic "This movie is ripping off Dean Koontz's STRANGERS" because I am a HUGE Dean Koontz fan and have read "Strangers". Well I was going through the individual messages and wouldn't you know someone responded with a huge spoiler that started with the very first word in his sentence. The whole conversation up to that point was about the book "Strangers". That is when this dipsh*t decided to clarify that "Identity" was not ripping off "Strangers" by spoiling the movie.

I wish I could say more, but believe me when I say that you don't want to know.

I will say this, if anyone has a desire to see this movie I HIGHLY RECOMMEND avoiding ANY REVIEWS no matter what. It seems that reviewers can't keep spoiler information to themselves anymore. That is why I like to read the "blurbs" on Rotten Tomatoes website.

Just like Justin said above, "This is my most anticipated movie this year." For me, now, I almost don't feel like seeing it, because I know I won't be able to enjoy it on the same level as others (ones who know nothing about the movie except for what is shown on the trailer).

I am jealous of all of you that don't know anything about this movie. I wish I could be in your shoes on opening night.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
John Cusak, and with that trailer I'll definately see it.

I just hope this movie doesn't pull a "dreamcatcher".

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm very much looking forward to it. However, I can't help but suspect that there's one piece of info in the theatrical trailer which tells too much. Hopefully, it won't prove to be as crucial as I think, but now, I can't help but think I'll feel one step ahead of the characters until that info comes into play.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I guessing everyone is talking about the

9? The number on the door?

If so then I doubt it will mean much, or we will see that scene in the first 30 minutes.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I think she's maybe referring to the same birthday thing
, but if she is talking about what you said, I'm pretty sure there isn't much to that. I did read somewhere (hey, I research the hell out of films that I am highly looking forward to) that when one of the characters is about to die, we are signaled that they are about to bite it by seeing their room key
, so that's probably the only major plot point involving room numbers

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I now saw the part I meant in the TV ad as well. Steve, that might be crucial as well, but I was referring to

the same birthday being the factor which ties them all together. Surely we would otherwise spend the early part of the movie wondering what these disparate characters might have in common. . . How the common birthdate makes them targets is unclear, but it still seems like a major spoiler to me which I would have preferred not to know.

*edit* I see Justin just beat me to my point. :)

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
When I saw the trailer on TV the other day, I thought the whole time it was Koontz' STRANGERS too. Weird. The trailer looked intriguing, and I rarely get worked up over a trailer. Hope it delivers.

Chris

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
The new movie that comes out a week from Friday.

Without giving much away I'll say it was a pretty good flick, and very similar to the trailer in terms of atmosphere, tone, etc.

I'm sure there will be some good discussions here after it's released, so I'll wait untill then to really get into it. Definitely worth at least $5 for a matinee.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Well I just saw it Elizabeth and what you are concerned about shouldn't hurt your enjoyment of the film whatsoever.

While I won't reveal if or how much that spoiler is important to the film, you should still enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks