What's new

Anyone have the Velodyne DD (1 Viewer)

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I got my new Velodyne today. It is beautiful and frustrating. I must be an idiot but I broke the microphone stand. Yep. The manual said to slide it in there after removing a piece (a piece I couldn't find to remove) so I slid it in and the plastic snapped. The owners manual is confusing to a novice like me but kind of fun. I gotta question though. I have it on auto on/off but the Velodyne light on the sub has been on for an hour. Is this normal? Is the sub off?

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
maybe you should contact your dealer??? they get trained on it when it comes out. or at least i did when we started carrying it... thats why you pay them :)

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. You just couldn't find it in your generous soul to answer a simple question about the light, huh?

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Velodyne CT-150 which also has the auto on/off and when I turn the power switch on it stays on all the time.

Hope this helps

Dave:D

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, thanks for your response. Does the sub turn off for you even though the light is on?

I have a Paradigm subwoofer and I had the same question you did when I first got it and I emailed Paradigm and they said i might be getting interference on the subwoofer cable. They said to check for it unplug the subwoofer cable from the sub and see if it turns off and sure enough it did. Their recomendation to me was to buy a better subwoofer cable.
Similar situation with a different subwoofer. Hope it Helps.
Kris

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
in the middle of the remote, there is a button called "light". this can turn off the front illumination of the sub. so if you dont want that light on, you can have it off all the time, this could give the illusion its off :)

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
Kris, thanks for the feedback. Robert Cowan is trying to create the illusion that he's being helpful but in the end, I'd wager, 90% of what he does is for his own entertainment and little of it is meant to be of real service. :)

You have provided a solution and I appreciate it.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
haha. actually, i was trying to help. right off the bat i didnt know, but i figured since your dealer (i assume), knew your stuff, a quick call could resolve the situation. i have heard of very few people having the DD series, so i didnt see that many responses.

then, i didnt check the thread for awhile, and it got a few answers before i got to it. geez, was just trying to help. at our store, we go out and do service calls regularly. that's what dealers are for!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks