What's new

Anyone have any info on any of these titles? (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm interested in purchasing the following recently released R2 DVDs from the UK but I'm not sure about the quality of the transfer and whether or not they are widescreen. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it:

Futureworld
Greetings
Music of Chance
Niagara Niagara
Schizopolis
Slacker

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Jay E: Check Link Removed for information on different titles by region. It includes a list of features and a comparison blurb. Very informative.

Al Stuart

Stunt Coordinator
Schizopolis is scheduled to be Criterion #199, BTW.
I'll quote myself here:

It is listed in the new Red Beard disc as spine #199. However, if you check Criterion's website they skip over spine 199 and go from 198 to 200.

Also, about ten days ago, the most bizarre thing happened to me regarding Criterion. I was on the the train and I saw two guys and a girl, one of the guys was wearing a Janus sweatshirt, the other two wearing Criterion baseball shirts...

I had to ask. They told me they were on the Criterion softball team (yeah, I thought this was hilarious too), and they had just played a game in Central Park. I didn't even know that Criterion had offices in NY (maybe Janus does).

Anyway, since you don't get these kind of opportunities very often, I figured I'd ask. The guy with the Criterion baseball shirt told me that Bottle Rocket was not going to happen because of rights issues. Schizopolis (my favorite film), they were considering, but would not be released this year.

I felt a little relieved because I had just ordered the R2 from Benson's World. The disc is nothing special, it is widescreen and in stereo, but non anamorphic. It is a little better than the VHS I've already worn out, and for $9.75 shipped, I can't complain.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Schizopolis (my favorite film), they were considering
If it's been printed in the catalog and assigned a spine number I suspect it's gone beyond the "consideration" phase. I'm not calling you a liar, just suggesting that maybe the guys on the train were utilizing some of the famous Criterion inscrutability here.

Niagara Niagara

Very nice 4:3 image. I think it may be pan & scan -if it is, it's very well done.

Slacker

Correct 4:3 image. Quality is poor but to be fair I've only ever seen it like that.

Both of these discs can be bought cheaply and if you're a fan it's well worth it.

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Futureworld is fullframe, don't think p&s, perfectly reasonable picture. Sound DD stereo. Always discounted at Play, but not sure about which sites both stock it and export to US.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Does anyone know of a particular reason why Futureworld is not released in R1 yet?

Cees

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Thanks everyone for the information provided.

I saw the R2 DVDs oF Greetings & The Music of Chance at a local store and, regretably, they are full screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks