What's new

Anyone have a Dyson Vacuum Cleaner? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
a lesser expensive version of the dyson?
That's the idea, Tony. Why a Wal-Mart exclusive if you are trying to compete head-to-head with the Dyson technology, I don't know.

As you can see from the Hoover link above, Hoover claims the Fusion "outcleans Dyson 13%".

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
mike ... congrats on your purchase. although i own a dyson myself, i suspect you made a smarter purchase. :D hell, how can you beat a vacuum for ... what ... 1/3rd the price?
but, now i want you to go back and buy a dyson. then vacuum the same spot you just covered with the hoover. please ... pretty please? personally, i don't have an extra 400 bucks to do this test ... but i'm sure you do ... don't you? ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
but, now i want you to go back and buy a dyson. then vacuum the same spot you just covered with the hoover. please ... pretty please? personally, i don't have an extra 400 bucks to do this test ... but i'm sure you do ... don't you?
Uh, yeah! Why didn't I think of that?! Buy 'em both and return whichever one fails (or passes) the suck test!.
I was kinda hopin' Alf would hae done his side-by-side comparison already! :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i do have a concern.

there are very small holes in the red thing inside that seem to get closed up easily.

and cat/dog hair gets bunched up in the top of the cannister, instead of spinning around near the bottom.

i dont know if it is supposed to be that way or not or if it causes suction problems.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Tony -

I don't know about the Fusion but in my Dyson all the pet hair (well everything really) stays at the bottom.

Laters,

Jeff

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about the Fusion but in my Dyson all the pet hair (well everything really) stays at the bottom.
me too ... i've never had anything bunch up at the top of the cannister.

this thread actually inspired me to take apart my dyson and clean the top filter ... so i know for sure that area is pretty clean.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
i do have a concern.
there are very small holes in the red thing inside that seem to get closed up easily.
and cat/dog hair gets bunched up in the top of the cannister, instead of spinning around near the bottom.
i dont know if it is supposed to be that way or not or if it causes suction problems.
I am experiencing the same thing, Tony. I do NOT, however, feel I am experiencing any loss of suction because of it. When I go to clean out the canister, I DO sometimes have to twist the top off and pull the "red thing" out in order to get the pet hair to drop out. But, I feel as if that is a minor inconvenience in exchange for the incredible vacuum power and less $$$ than the Dyson.
I continue to be amazed at the amount of dirt and hair this thing is pulling from my carpets! :emoji_thumbsup:
My major gripe is with the "powered" brush attachment. I tried to use it on my stairs carpeting and it worked great for the first few stairs...then it stopped. I had to clean it extensively from a lot of long hair, threads, etc...but I still cannot get it to spin freely. Have you used yours yet?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have the DC07 model with the animal attachments. I was thinking of get the ball version. Has anyone bought one of these to comment on?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
The Ball (along with all the Dysons) got a mediocre review in Consumer Reports...some folks say the Ball is annoying to manuever...doesn't seem worth the extra $$$ to me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Alf: Have you tried your "powered" brush attachment yet?

I keep putting "powered" in quotation marks because it is simply the air suction that is spinning the agitator in the brush.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Yeah..used it yesterday to suck up cat hair off the sides of our mattress box springs (cats hide under our bed)...worked fine.

I've used that same brush for quite a while when I had my Windtunnel...never had any issues..If it did get full of junk, I just popped it open and pulled it out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah...that's what I figured.

Its just that I used it. It worked great for a few minutes and then bunched up. I opened it and cleaned out all kinds of hair and it hasn't worked right since. I even unscrewed the panel which sits over the belt to see if there was stuff I couldn't see. There was, but after cleaning it out it still doesn't seem to want to spin freely. There's just not that much that can go wrong. Its a simple set-up. Maybe some WD-40.

I actually like the way it pops open so easy for cleaning.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I bought a Dyson DC07 Animal this weekend and love it. I first vacuumed with my regular Hoover and then with the Dyson. It was AMAZING and how muc pet hair and dirt was still in the carpet. My wife and I were living in filth and didn't even know it!!

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
This is perfect timing as I am in the market for a new vacuum. I just wanted to clarify what the difference is between all the DC models. I read in an earlier thread that the only difference is the attachments but I wanted to make sure. I think I see DC07, DC11, DC14, DC15 and now the Ball? Can someone tell me what the difference is between all the models? Thanks.

Henry

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Henry,

You can do a compare function on the site.

I couldn't find the 07 models so I bought an 14 model animal which is for animal hair specifically. Most of the differences are due to the types of attachments.

I can't say I know anything about the ball. My friend bought one recently so I can check it out because he returned his fusion back to wally world.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Its just that I used it. It worked great for a few minutes and then bunched up. I opened it and cleaned out all kinds of hair and it hasn't worked right since.
I have had this problem with my windtunnel. worked great the first day, now I have not been able to get it to work for the past 3 years :D
Great thread. I think our windtunnel picks up a lot of our junk (cat, dog, 3 kids) but I am getting sick of cleaning off the screen and the filter.
Maybe time to lok at something new

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
FYI-I was just in a walmart in south mississippi doing some post katrina late night grocery shopping, and saw both the fusion and also the price on the Dyson dc-07 is now $349.99, the price is coming down gents! If I would have had my truck I would have came home with the dyson although the fusion did intrigued me...hum?
link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3342181

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If the prices were equal, I probably would have purchased a Dyson. Since they're not, I bought a Fusion.
I'm VERY happy with it. The thing works like a champ.
My wife and I are amazed at how well it works every time we use it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks