1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone gonna pickup Burnout2 for XBox or GC?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by paul h, Feb 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. paul h

paul h Well-Known Member

It's an excellent game on the PS2 and seems like Criterion are going the extra mile to make sure its even better on XB and GC ...

"We've increased the size of what seemed to be the most popular game mode in B2, which is the Crash Mode. On the PS2 version, there are 15 crash junctions to unlock. For Gamecube and Xbox, we went back to the drawing board and decided to create 13 all-new crash junctions - we finished two of them for the PS2 version but they did not make it into the final release version, so that gives us 30 junctions in total."

"On the Xbox version, we have 5.1 Dolby Digital audio, an extra couple of decal sets for the Custom Series vehicles (so there are some Xbox-exclusive cars in there), and we have statistics-only support for the new Xbox Live service, which launches in March. Also, we've included a custom soundtrack option so Xbox owners can race to their own choice of music, plus the 'boost increase' still works even with your own music playing.

"In addition, we have the usual 16:9, 50/60hz options, Wavebird support, and progressive scan for NTSC stuff that people expect from us these days."

"Speed. Sixty frames a second is where it's at. There is no other framerate. All these Xbox games we keep seeing running at 30fps just make us smile."

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be there for the XBox version. It sounds like Criterion is making sure this one doesn't turn out like that unspeakable port of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.

3. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Well-Known Member

When does the XBox version come out? I looked on EBGames.com and it was nowhere to be found.

4. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Well-Known Member

Chris,

I don't know the release date but IGN has a preview up. You may want to check Gamespot as well.

5. JamesH

JamesH Well-Known Member

6. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Well-Known Member

I might get this game just on principle. I don't mind ports when a developer doesn't try to insult my intelligence and shovel some shit my way knowing I'll buy it because I'm a "true" gamer or whatever the hell that term is. I'm a consumer first and foremost and if the product isn't to my liking or up to my standards it gets left in the store.

7. BrianB

BrianB Well-Known Member

8. paul h

paul h Well-Known Member

9. Josh_SR

Josh_SR Well-Known Member

i got an ps2 & xbox but im getting the gc burnout2...

10. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

I'll probably get it, but I wish it had real Xbox Live support, rather than the lame score uploading. [​IMG] I would rather have the game delayed 6 months & include XBL support.

-Dave

11. BrianB

BrianB Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the extra modes on the PS2 Burnout2, but I'm really not sure if there's enough in it overall to make me want to buy it on the Xbox, despite the improvements.

And I still stand by my comment earlier in this thread...

12. Damien

Damien Well-Known Member

The only thing which would steer me towards the gamecube version is it ships on April 8, while the xbox version comes out on may 1st, which is a while later.

13. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Well-Known Member

I'm might give it a rent, but there's just far too many racing games for me to own them all. I'm also interested in MotoGP 2 (which is a definite but), Midtown Madness 3, and Midnight Club, all of which will have full Live support. And then there's Colin Mcrae, Rallisport, and PGR that I haven't tried yet..... and then F-Zero and if I finally get a PS2 sometime I'll have to get GT3 and 4.

Jeesh.

14. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Well-Known Member

15. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Well-Known Member

16. BrianB

BrianB Well-Known Member

17. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

Before Burnout 2 was released, I considered buying the 1st for Xbox, but held off when I heard about the Xbox release on Burnout 2. Then they made that weird announcement (read: lie) about how the Xbox/GCN versions were just rumors & never really planned.

Odd & aggravating at the same time.

-Dave

18. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Well-Known Member

I might get the Cube release at some point, but when I keep ignoring the PS2 one at £20 because I've got too many things to complete first forking over double that for the luxury of a few extra crash rounds and the comfort of my Wavebird it may well not happen...

19. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Well-Known Member

dammit....I just bought the PS2 version a month ago because it supported progressive scan and I didnt have to wait for the xbox. I can live with the pro logic II, but adding 13 new crash zones? THat is enough for a double dip from me!