What's new

Anyone ever ordered from Amazon.de? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
This is my first time ordering from Amazon's German phase and I'm a bit worried.

I placed an order for a handfull of limited edition DVD's about 2 weeks ago that were all indicated as being available and in stock.

But they still haven't shipped out and now in my account status... I'm seeing an estimate of mid-October!!!

I've placed many orders with Amazon.com before and anything that was not pre-order and currently available, had shipped out to me within days!

The part that really worries me... is that upon checking back on the listings, at least one of the items now seems to be out of stock and no longer available.

It was NOT sold out when I placed the order though, in fact it was still listed as available for days after!

But the fact that it's now out of stock on the listing page and my order still hasn't shipped after 2 weeks and I have a shipping estimate of mid-October has me really worried!

I can't send them an email to inquire because I don't speak a word of German...

Has anyone has any experience with Amazon's website outside of the US U& UK?

Do you think I will have a problem here or is this normal?

Please give me some advice.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Send one anyway! I would guess that there are many employees that speak English there at Customer Service. We tend to forget that in most non-English speaking countries that many people speak English. My parents traveled to Scandanavia several years back and had no problem finding people that spoke English.

I also had contact with some overseas music websites that were in non-English speaking countries and always got responses.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I find it interesting that the many Amazons vary so much in shipping. Amazon.UK is by far the quickest; the one time I ordered from Amazon.DE they were sloooooow.... Ridiculously slow. And expensive to boot.

So I guess you've just got to wait.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot guys,

if anyone has an email contact for Amazon.de customer service - I'd really appreciate it!!

I'm having tons of trouble finding one through their site due to the language barrier...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Marco:

On the main page of Amazon.de look for the "Hilfe" link. (That's German for "Help".) It's located in the upper-right corner, next to the links for your cart and account.

Scroll down the "Hilfe" page and about half-way down there is a section "Information for English-speaking Customers". In this section is a link to Customer Service, in English! Hope this helps!

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Eric: Thanks for the 'hilfe' finding English info. I'm considering ordering the 'Batman Begins' tin box. With US shipping it's about $47...have to think on that.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I have ordered from amazon.de quite a few times and I can't really complain. I don't think I've noticed that they'd be particularly slow, but the shipping cost is high, so I tend to think at least twice.

I'm pretty much fluent in German myself, so I wouldn't have a problem, but I'd guess they should be able to help you in English.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks