What's new

Anyone else having problems with A Bug's Life on the PS3? (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I bought the Bug's Life Blu-ray last Sunday at Toys "R" Us and got around to watching it last night. It froze around the 32:00 mark. I took it out to try to check it/clean it and put it back in and it wouldn't play at all. I eventually got a "This is an invalid disc" message. So I exchanged it today for another one. I watched it this afternoon, starting from where I left off in the movie last night. It was working fine, then at about the 1:23:00 mark, it froze and did the same thing as last night. I ended up popping my SD DVD of the film into the PS3 so I could watch the end since I'd never seen it before.

I'm using a PS3 with the lastest firmware on it. With both discs, after having the problems in the PS3 I tried them on my laptop's BD-Rom drive (with PowerDVD DX 8.1 software) and neither disc would play at all in the drive.

Anyone else having a problem with the disc on the PS3 (or any other player for that matter)? I haven't read any complaints about it so it doesn't seem to be a widespread thing. I'm wondering if the store got a bad batch (although the first copy had the Up ticket code inside, the second didn't so I don't know if they're from the same batch). I'm going out of state next weekend so I'll try exchanging it at another TRU to see if I have better luck with a disc there.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I literally finished watching this about 15 minutes ago on my 40GB PS3. No problems whatsoever.

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I originally played ABL in my PS3 with older firmware (2.5?) and my wife played it with my daughter tonight with the latest firmware. Both times it played fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks