What's new

Anyone else a TCM recording addict? (1 Viewer)

Blake Comeaux

Stunt Coordinator
I've turned into a Turner Classic Movies recording junkie! I try to record almost anything that's interest me not available on video and burn it to DVD. I love when they do birthday tributes and the star of the month is a great way to get unavailable films from great actors and rare oldies. I've already recorded about 8 Rosalind Russell films already this month that I can't get anywhere else and recently they had a days worth of George Sander's films. Next month is Summer Under the Stars. I'm looking forward to Barbara Stanwyck the most. I want to make it clear I'm doing this for my own personal use and would gladly buy most of these if commercially available. Anyone else doing this? Any great finds on TCM? Favorite past Star of Month?

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I record a lot from TCM myself. I usually have at least one thing recording a day from TCM. The channel is a diamond in the rough of most cable and satalite channels. AMC has gone to the dogs, TVland has gone to the dogs and Boomerang is still fairly good though I am sure it was much better before (in terms of showing vintage stuff) my system got it at it's late date. I can't stand Ted Turner, but he is responsible for a couple of great channels.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I used to record a lot off TCM, but have not in over a year. I found that I ended up either not watching a lot of what I recorded, or ended up buying the DVD of the film when it came out.

TCM is still one of the primary channels in my rotation, though, and I quite often get sucked into a classic film while channel surfing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
About ten years ago, my VCR was going day and night, recording stuff off of mainly AMC (it was a lot better back then) and sometimes TCM. I'd have to come home and switch out the tapes, I was recording so much. Back then, I had a service that would send me an email when a movie featuring a certain star was scheduled, and I'd set up to record it.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I Tivo TCM several times a week. A lot of great stuff. Easily the best channel out there.

But, I've cut back on recording. Only if something extremely rare is being shown do I record it. Otherwise, I will wait for a proper DVD release.

Joe S

Second Unit
I usually end up recording a couple things each week. I keep an eye on TCM Underground, when they run it. Don't always have time to watch everything, but I'll burn it to DVD and file it away.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, got to admit I'm a TCM recording addict. Lots of obscure stuff turns up, and I do download the month's schedule, then paste up a "for consideration" page that I keep by the remotes. (*ahem* - this month, featuring jazz/big band films every Wednesday, my "page" was three pages long.)

Despite changes in the repertoire and some interesting "series" coming to an end (e.g. "Cartoon Alley"), this is still the one channel that makes cable worthwhile for me.

Mark McFurbin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Buggles
Did anybody record Rio Rita Wheeler and Woolsey?? I missed the first half, anybody have a DVD of it??

Thank you
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks