1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Buy/Watch Emergency! Season 2 DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim Saunders, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Jim Saunders

Jim Saunders Well-Known Member

I bought season 1 and thought it was great. Havent bought season 2 yet, but plan to. Was wondering if anyone has bought it yet and has a quick review. I havent been able to find anything yet.

2. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Well-Known Member

I have it on order from Amazon and it probably won't arrive until next week. I'm guessing that it will look at least as good as season 1. I didn't have any playback problems with season 1 like some others did, but quality control still remains a nagging worry for me on season 2. And I didn't see this advertised in any of the major "brick & mortar" ads over the weekend . . . seems like it's being introduced with very lttle fanfare.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg
    I bought it, but I won't have a chance to watch it for a long time. I bought S1 the day it came out, and I've only watched the first two episodes so far! I do love the show--I've seen the entire run, and will buy the entire run--but I just have had so many other things to watch the past few months.

4. Bob Hug

Well, so far so good on Emergency!, Season 2. I've watched a few episodes on disc 1 and there's been no freezing or video breakup whatsoever (knock on wood) despite the fact that they're double sided with 4 episodes per side except for disc 3, side B which only has a single episode. The extra available space on side B could have been used for interviews, gag reels (which do exist), etc. but, this being Universal, you get none of that. However, I like what I've seen to date . . . nice crisp looking episodes of a very entertaining show. Incidentally, I didn't see any reference to the discs being manufactured in Mexico on the outer box or the cases, so maybe Universal has finally done something about the quality control issues that plagued many of their releases in 2005.

5. Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers Well-Known Member

I've been watching it with no problems so far. The only tech glitch I encountered is a couple momentary audio drop outs in "Kids". It doesn't affect dialog, just music as they are going to the place where they will eventually rescue John Travolta. It's not a problem for me but since no one has mentioned it, I wonder if it only happens on my set.

Transfers are good but not excellent. The picture seems slightly soft to me and there was an episode where the right edge looked softer then the rest of the picture throughout (can't remember exactly which episode since I have been "Marathoning" them when I can).

These are no big deals to me though as they still look 10X better as they would in reruns or even in thier first run broadcast.

Oh, on the plus side, they dropped the awful practice of sticking thier new logo at the top of every episode. On the minus side, they still clip off the old Universal logo from the end of the shows.

6. Bob Hug

I've been skipping around on the episodes and watched the "Kids" episode last night. You're right, there was an audio dropout in the same spot that you mentioned; it lasts two, maybe three seconds and, as you have stated, does not affect any dialog. That's the only problem that I've encountered on the set to date.

7. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Well-Known Member

WalMart had Season 1, but none of the local WalMarts have Season 2. Ironically none of the local WalMarts have gotten anything in recently (no Knight Rider Season 3, or Adventures Of Superman Season 2). I now have a debit card so it looks like I'm going to have to buy exclusively through Amazon.com.

I have a lot to watch: 2 discs on Seasons 1&2 of Titus, Titus Season 3, Dukes of Hazzard Seasons 4&5, 21 Jump Street Seasons 3&4, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 1, and Bewitched Season 2. I have all of those to watch before I even think of buying Emergency Season 2, Knight Rider Season 3, Adventures Of Superman Season 2, Lois & Clark Season 2, and Have Gun Will Travel Season 3.

[​IMG]

8. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg
    I'm with you, Duane. I feel like I'm buried under a backlog of TV episodes. I buy them the week they come out because of first week sales, but then I get hopelessly behind. Most of my shows this time around are half-hour shows, but that makes it even worse when I have 39 episodes to watch instead of 20 or so.

9. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Well-Known Member

Well i just finished watching my Emergency! S2 Set.. This show is as great as ever and i hope S3 is on the way soon!

10. Daniel Gurecky

I've had it since it came out. Now i'm a little concerned about season 3. It was 6 months between seasons 1 & 2. It has now been over 6 months since season 2. I really hope season 3 isn't abandoned. As a paramedic/firefighter this show has my vote for firefighter shows.

11. digitsy

digitsy New Member

When it was first announced that Emergency was going to be released on DVD I was very excited. I grew up on this show, and it still holds up well today. Seasons 1 and 2 were great, but season 3 is even better.
    [​IMG]