What's new

Anybody find Emergency Season 3? (1 Viewer)

StevePA

Stunt Coordinator
Granted, I have been under a rock lately...but wasn't this supposed to be released today? I checked Walmart, Target, Borders, and Best Buy...nada...:frowning:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I asked for it at a Best Buy in Daytona, They had them in the Back Room and an employee brought one out for me! :D

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Mine was delivered through the snowfall and freezing rain to my doorstep! Just got it a half-hour ago! Only four more seasons to go!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Helena

Agent
Real Name
Helen
I live in Sydney Australia and mine arrived from Amazon yesterday :) Hope to start watching tonight! Can't wait
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Since WalMart never got Season 2, I didn't expect them to carry Season 3. Yet I go to 2 different Best Buys, and they only had Season 1&2. Looks like I'll have to order it through Amazon.com. If the stores don't sell it, how is it supposed to sell? I just hope the chances of the remaining seasons being released doesn't get hurt.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Did you ask an Employee Duane? I went to Best Buy on Tuesday and when Season 3 was not on the shelves I went to an Employee and they went to their Storeroom and brought out a copy for me. This isn't the first time this has happened, the same thing happened last week when I went to get Season 3 of BAYWATCH. (I would not be surprised it happens again this coming Tuesday when I get Season 2, Volume 2 of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA :D )

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I'm expecting to receive this set any day from DeepDiscountDVD, but I'm a little worried. A couple of early reviews at Amazon suggest that, at least, some of the episodes are syndicated versions. Can anyone who has the set confirm this?

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Ahhhh, mea culpa, then! Was working from the TV.com Web site. Didn't click on the 7th season to see what that exactly entailed...

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I'm only through three episodes so far, but they have all been around the 47-48 minute mark which is appropriate for an hour long show from that period.

By the way, does anybody else get the chills from the theme music on this show. I instantly turn into a 10 year old kid with a smile from ear to ear when that kicks in.

Which season is it when they change to the new opening with the dialogue clips inserted into the theme music?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have'nt seen it at a store yet, but it's on my List, I've fallen behind on my TV sets on a few series, and there is so much coming out between now and the end of March. I still need to get the last two Hogan' Heroes Sets, S3 of I Dream of Jeannie, Emergency S3, and a few others, the set have been getting some good deals if you wait, I've seen alot of Sets Around $20 at BB on Sale so I hope my waiting on some of these will pay off.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Target doesn't carry a lot of Universal DVD Season sets. They've stopped selling A-Team, Knight Rider, Magnum P.I., Emergency and most other sets. The only shows that Target now sells are Battlestar Galactica Season 2.5 and Incredible Hulk Season 1.

Tim Colby

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Colby

I reviewed the openings to every episode and I have found that unfortunately it is true, 7 episodes have the Season 6 opening that was used in syndication. The episodes are:

An English Visitor
Heavyweight
Insomnia
Zero
The Promise
Inferno
Inventions

A very unfortunate occurrence indeed. Hopefully this will not happen in future sets. Hope this helps.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I was wondering why the opening changed on Episode 4 of this season.

That said, the episode was just under 50 minutes long, which to me means nothing was cut. If the only change is the opening sequence, then I have no major complaints. Does anybody have evidence of material being cut?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I just picked Season 3 up last night at Sam's Club for a measly $26.99, a much better price than any other place I've seen.

I love the jazzier opening theme, it totally gets the adrenaline pumping. One of my favorite episodes that I remember as a kid, "Snakebite", is on there too. What a nice blast from the past!

Helena

Agent
Real Name
Helen
I checked some of these episodes as well, after the reading the comments here and on amazon. I haven't checked all the episodes yet, but of the ones I have checked, they all run between 49:30 and 50:00 minutes.

Doesn't look like things have been cut - however I haven't seen these episodes since I was a kid, so wouldn't notice any incidental scenes being cut. I would notice if any of my favourite jokes or Johhny scenes were cut and haven't missed any yet!

I do agree with some of the amazon reviewers that the episodes under question do not appear to have been restored, but to tell the truth I probably would not have noticed if a) I hadn't read the reviews and b) the restored episodes were not so clear and amazing that upon closer inspection I noticed that the others were not as cleaned up.

I am still 100% glad I purchased Season 3 and 200% glad Universal finally moved to single sided disks. I am disappointed that they didn't fix up all the episodes so that they all looked wonderful, however maybe they had a good reason (other than lazyness)???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks