What's new

Anybody ever get an empty DVD box? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I wonder if this belongs here, if not, then pardon me. I got Halo 2 for the Xbox this christmas and it was empty, except for the manual and various ads. The strange thing is that the one security sticker was there, there and it was still shrink wrapped. It had a sticker on the top that said something like "not for sale until 11/09/04" and it had the security alarm stickers on the inside. It was completely missing the DVD game.

My sister is going to exchange it but I hope she doesn't have a problem. How do they know that she isn't trying to get another disc from them?

Anybody else have had this problem, have you been able to exchange it without a problem?

Jay

James T

Screenwriter
It never happened to me, but I remember reading (probably on these boards) of other people that have had that problem. And IIRC, no one had a problem returning it, which means it must happen more often than people know.

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
I've never bought a video game that was empty, but I have bought 2 dvds over the past 4 years that were empty. One was from amazon.com -- I emailed their customer support line and i recieved a new dvd within a week. The second was 2 christmas's ago at Future Shop (Canada's version of best buy), I exchanged the empty case for a new sealed dvd case. So in my experience, I've had no trouble getting replacements.

Just make sure you have proof of purchase.

Cheers.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I've never bought an empty box, but on two occasions I have had the wrong CD or recording. Example 1: bought Iron Maiden Somewhere In Time but the Powerslave disc was in there instead. Example 2: bought new Tom Cochrane (on cassette - the old days) and the new Black Sabbath was mastered on there instead, even though the printing was correct. We remember thinking "wow, Tommy's really changed his style!" ;)

Evan M

Second Unit

I just had that happen recently, except I was buying a David Crowder Band CD and would up with a Jennifer Hanson album instead. But, all the labeling and packaging was correct for David Crowder Band. Had no problems getting a new CD sent out.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Actually, given the volume of discs that are processed on a daily basis (be it audio, video, or games) it's surprising this doesn't happen more frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks