1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any word on vintage Aerosmith SACDs or (doubtful) DVD-As?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nick Graham, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Well-Known Member

I remember hearing the band mention they were remastering their back catalog into surround sound for "DVD", but seeing as they are a Sony band I figure they were just confusing it with SACD.

I also remember reading an interview with the producer of "Rocks" where he said he was remastering some of their vintage stuff for 5.1 surround sound.

Anybody got any news on this? I'm gonna be in the market for a new DVD player very soon, and if they are coming out on SACD, I'll be picking up a player that can do SACD.

2. Walt O

Walt O Active Member

Their "Oh Yeah Greatest Hits" colleciton is on SACD right now, although only in 2 channel. I get a big grin everytime I listen to it. "Toys in the Attic" multichannel is on the way, should be here in a few months. I too would like to see their entire catalog on SACD. While we are dreaming, how about Def Leppard's Hysteria in 5.1 SACD? Someone call Shania's hubby and tell him to get mixin!

Walt O

3. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Well-Known Member

I knew their newest Greatest Hits disc was out, and I'll likely pick it up once I get my player. Where did you get your info on "Toys In The Attic", Walt? I'll definitely grab it. I hope "Rocks" and "Gems" are on the way, as well as "Live Bootleg". I get the feeling they are.