What's new

Any Word On These Four? (1 Viewer)

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator
Any rumors or ideas if the following horror/Sci-Fi classics might be in line for a BD release?:

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Thing From Another World (1951)
Them! (1954)
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1956)

Brad

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The first title might have a chance with the remake being made, but I wouldn't bet on any of them at this time.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
I got four titles on my own of which I would like to know their chances to go Blu-ray:

Supernatural, Season 3
Gossip Girl, Season 1
Desperate Housewives, Season 4
Breaking Bad, Season 1

Still not over the "Rescue Me" disaster :frowning: ...will Season 4 ever come out on Blu-ray or should I settle for SD-DVD?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

Disney announced Blu-ray releases for LOST and GREY'S ANATOMY this fall, but with DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES not being mentioned in that press release, I'd say the hopes for it are slim to none.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Over at TV Shows On DVD a few weeks ago, they said that Touchstone had to put Lost S1 and S2 on the backburner due to a lack of replication plants. I'd guess that the same basic idea applies to Prison Break.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator

I agree, but I find it strange nonetheless. I get why they wouldn't release new shows on BD, like "Life" or "Chuck"...but I suspect "Desperate Housewives" always sells like pancakes.

"Supernatural" and "Gossip Girl" have also been announced on DVD, so the chances for those to receive BD-releases are pretty much non-existent now, too. Still holding out hope for "Breaking Bad", though...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

The Day the Earth Stood Still is Fox, and like was said above, maybe it gets released because of the remake, but doubtful.

The Thing from Another World and Them! are Warner. Considering they've finished the disc image for both The Adventures of Robin Hood and Casablanca, and yet are waiting to put those on the BD release schedule, I highly doubt The Thing or Them! are gonna make it anytime soon.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers is Lionsgate, and they didn't release a BD of High Noon upon that film's recent DVD re-release, so again, the release if very doubtful anytime soon.

Goko

Agent
Real Name
Joe E
The Day the Earth Stood Still and The Thing From Another World were recently broadcast in HD on Dish Network not to long ago if that means anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks