What's new

Any word on Dr. Katz coming to DVD???? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mark

Stunt Coordinator
Considering that every animated series known to man seems to be coming to DVD, I'm really surprised that there has been little mention of this. It is still one of my favorite shows as the dry humor of Dr. Katz contrasted with stand-up comic material being protrayed via animation made quite a nice duo.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
My wife and I would be very interested in this as well...

Perhaps with The Critic out, this is on its way... (?)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Rhino, I believe, controls the distribution rights. At least, they did when they released VHS volumes of it. Rhino tends to open the vaults sooner or later for almost everything it has (see G.I. Joe, The Monkees, Transformers, Sid & Marty Kroft shows, etc.), so maybe we'll be seeing these in the not-too-distant future.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I would love to see Dr. Katz on DVD in season format. This is one of the best animated shows which was shown on Comedy Central. I love the Kr. Katz show & I will purchase this show on DVD but only in season format.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Yep, I think I would go for season sets as well on Dr. Katz. Loved the very spontaneous feel of the dialog. Oh yeah, the Squigglevison too...:)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
This show and Bob and Margaret are the two that I am still wishing were on DVD.... The son, Ben, cracked me up to no end, and gave the show a nice sense of continuation from episode to episode.

Also, I really think that most of the stand up routines done have held up well. I recorded them from Comedy Central when I could, and revisiting them, most of the humor still really really works.

Ray Ramano and Dave Attel's visits to the shink always cracked me up the most.

Mark

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Squigglevision.com has this address:

Mail: Tom Snyder Productions
80 Coolidge Hill Road
Watertown, MA 02472

They're producing educational material now.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Hey, nice. I was just going to come back to this forum and bump up one of my old "where's DR KATZ on DVD" threads, and lookit that - some concerned citizen has already got it down.

Good work, boys.

Now then... WHEN THE HECK IS THIS COMING TO DVD?! What are they waiting for? For goodness sake. I imagine everyone involved in this show as a starving artist, not making much money at all right now (Where is Dom Irera? Where is Jon Katz? Where is... Everyone? The only person who is making money is Ray Romano, and I'm sure he's not sharing), and here's a DVD that TONS of people would BUY BUY BUY.

So, why does it seem like no one wants to take my money on this one?

BRING ON DR KATZ!

MC

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

There's an easter egg on one of the Home Movies sets showing Jon Benjamin's home office, and he mentions that what we see is just about his entire apartment, and he's almost broke. As with most humor involving Dr. Katz and Home Movies, it's not entirely clear if he's joking.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark

While that is okay, we need to remember that "Season One" only consisted of 6 episodes.
101 Pot Bellied Pigs
102 Pretzelkins
103 Bully
104 Cholesterol
105 Everybody's Got A Tushy
106 Family Car

I suppose this is to test the water. Personally, I would hope (with each episode being about 22-24 minutes), they would just give us a boxed set of the whole series or at least season one and season two together.

Season one will probably be one dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks