What's new

Any word on Animaniacs or Pinky & Brain? (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
So to answer my own question, at least six episodes have the interlacing/shuddering problem: episodes 1-3, 9, 20 and 21. You can see the same problem on other episodes of WB cartoon shows on DVD (like the "Two-Face" episode of "Batman"). Whoever does these DVD transfers needs to be severely chided.

JeffSchiller

Agent

VERY disappointing to hear this! I was thinking about picking up the Animaniacs set this weekend but now I'll wait to hear how bad this problem is...

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Too bad Warner hasn't learned from their past interlacing mistakes. Just confirms for me that their animation dept. really doesn't care. I'll buy Animaniacs anyway though, 'cause I love it too damn much *not* to. I just hope the Canadian version won't be missing anything... guess I'll have to wait 'til it's out over here to find out. Arrgh...I can't wait!

*fidget*

*twitch*

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I know it is way too early, but does anyone know when the next collections of these sets should be coming out?

And, Any idea if they are they going to release the 40 thirty minute Pinky & The Brain episodes in two collections or one?

Paul

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Is interlacing that problem where animated movement produces strange lines? If so, I see lots of it on my Animaniacs set.

RyanWM

Auditioning
Paul, to answer your question, there should be four Animaniacs sets and three sets of Pinky and the Brain. Volume Two of both Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain will be released in December.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So do we have any idea why this set was delayed in Canada? I'd like to know if I'm going to have to import it to get missing content.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Dammit, I checked Future Shop and Best buy online, and neither of them is saying they have it in stock. Amazon is now giving a date of August 22-what's going on here? Is this set ever coming out in Canada?

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Strangeness. I got my Animaniacs set from a Canadian-based e-tailer, but I'm still waiting on Pinky and the Brain.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
It seems like some places in Canada have Animaniacs and some don't. "Music World" told me it's not coming out until August 22nd, and that Future Shop has the sets. I was able to pick one up from HMV. I called Warner Brothers Home Video when the set didn't come out in Canada on its U.S. release date (July 25) and someone there told me that the delay was caused by a problem with manufacturing.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Interesting-where did they say that future shop had them? Their website is showing August 22nd, with no store stock in any of the locations I've checked (All in Mississauga/Toronto). I might have to check HMV though to see if they have it. Waiting until the 22nd isn't the end of the world or anything, but I was just a little worried about content changes for the Canadian version. If it's just a manufacturing snafu then that's not a huge deal.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
"Is interlacing that problem where animated movement produces strange lines? If so, I see lots of it on my Animaniacs set."

Dome, Could be that Animaniacs which was probably shot on Film but edited on video might be misflagged. When you have a prog. scan player that does not have a faroudja chip like my old JVC player and an edit appears there was ALOT of combing in my Buffy sets. Do you have a VIDEO mode option on your player? Try that.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I've been worried about edited content in the Canadian version too, since Warner's done that before. What kind of manufacturing problem?

My local Future Shop told me that they received copies of Animaniacs a week ago, but were told to hold onto them, and not put them on shelves 'til August. 22nd. Damn annoying! I doubt they'll care if I tell them other stores in Canada are breaking street date... if I can't point to one in *my* area as proof. I don't see why we have to wait when people in the US (and some in Canada) already have the DVDs. It's pretty frustrating knowing the store *has* the DVDs and just won't sell them to you yet.

Sure would be nice if a Warner rep would post here at HTF and give Canadians a reason for this long delay.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I don't know if any Future Shops have the set. I was simply told to check there by a Music World employee who for some reason believed that Future Shop has them. As for the "manufacturing problem", I'm not sure what the details are. When I asked the Warner Home Video representative why the set was delayed and he gave me that answer, I followed up by asking if the Canadian set would be the same as the American set, and he said yes, so I have no idea what "manufacturing problem" means specifically.

I got an Animaniacs set at HMV in Mississauga and there were four other copies on the shelf. The packaging has not been changed for Canada, and as I'm watching the discs, I can't detect anything that could be an obvious change between the Canadian and American versions of the set. I hope we can get a more substantial explanation for the delay soon, because even though I have the DVDs, I'm still curious to know what caused all this release date confusion.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I've been watching "Animaniacs" so far. I'll be opening the "Pinky And The Brain" discs sometime within the next few days. It's good to see the cartoons uncensored once more. I was thinking that they would never come to DVD, but here they are.

I also like the "Animaniacs Live" featurette on the "A!" DVD. It's interesting to hear from the creative talents first-hand. I had forgotten how great Sherri Stoner's smile is. I think that Stoner is very talented and a real MILF, also.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

P.S:

I recently interviewed animator Jon McClenahan (who worked on "Animaniacs" and several other WBA Silver Age programs) for RetroJunk.

The interview can be found here:

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/871/

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

What was censored and by whom?

I've also been enjoyed the sets. I was unaware until they arrived that Animaniacs was 5 discs. I thought both were 4 discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks