What's new

Any word on Animaniacs or Pinky & Brain? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I love both of these cartoons and would love to see them on DVD.

Any word? I thought they were working on them.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Pinky and The Brain was fantastic...until they added that little shank bitch Elmyra in! Then they simply lost it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And Taz-Mania. No "Stephen Spielberg Presents" on it, but easily the most underrated toon to come out of Warner in that time period.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I'd buy most of these shows if they came out on DVD. Hopefully, they could get Maurice LaMarche to do a commentary for one of these (Pinky and the Brain) I found him fascinating on the Critic commentaries.

RossHy

Agent
From The Digital Bits' rumor mill:

"With all the news lately about different TV shows being released on DVD, and with an industry conference on this very subject set for next month, we've learned that Warner is planning on releasing more animated TV product on our favorite format. Specifically, sources are telling us that 2004 could see the release of full seasons of Tiny Toon Adventures and Batman: The Animated Series from the studio, with the possibility of Animaniacs and more superhero animated TV product further down the line."

Hopefully, we'll get Animaniacs soon. It was definitely one of my favorites.

RossHy

Agent
Here's a new update:

In the Feb. 27 issue of Entertainment Weekly, there's a small article talking about the possibility of Pinky & The Brain on DVD. It quotes Warner as saying there are "no plans for a DVD release at this time."

Hopefully, this will change soon, and we'll see this show on DVD as well as its "parent" show, Animaniacs.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I would LOVE to have the Animaniacs on DVD. It was one of the best cartoons, if not THE best cartoon series of the 90s (Simpsons not included).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And Animaniacs pioneered the technique of just throwing a celebrity's name in when they didn't have an actual joke! :)

(Really, it stuns me that something as funny as Pinky And The Brain emerged from Animaniacs)

luke_ha

Stunt Coordinator
eventually they will all be coming out i am sure. Too much money in this not to do it. They have cause a huge problem for me cause i spend too much as it is. You cant just start a series you have to get every season and right now i am trying to finish buying sopranos, six feet under, simpsons, futurama, curb your enthusiasm, spongebob squarepants, rocky and bullwinkle, sanford and son, nypd blue, and i know I have a few more around here.

Grant Beaudette

Auditioning
Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs would both make great DVD sets, but I'd kill to get Freakazoid on DVD as well as Earthworm Jim.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I'd buy Animaniacs, Tiny Toons and Freakazoid. Multiple copies, for friends too. :) Season sets, I hope...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Resurrecting a long-dead thread, I thought I'd say that I'm glad to see these shows are coming to DVD in July. Both are special in their own way and deserve to sit next to the Looney Tunes Golden Collection and the Disney Treasures.

Thanks for the info, TVShowsonDVD!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I sure am excited about Animaniacs being released!!! I really hope the episode where the Warners go to hell is included when the Devil is spouting off all his varied names to Dot and she replies, "Well, I'm Princess Angelina Francesca Banana Fana Bo Besca the Third...but you may call me 'Dot'." I have never laughed so hard in my whole life.

And it looks like they are including the one where they meet Beethoven and he's trying to get them to leave by telling them that he is a world famous pianist and everything screeches to a halt and Yakko asks him, "What did you say?" Beethoven: "I'm a pianist!" Yakko: "I don't think you can say that on our show!" LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks