What's new

Any whose line is it anyway fans? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
I love the british one, Clive's dead-pan delivery and humility make him great as the host.

The american one I love the improv guys, but I HATE Drew Carrey, for some reason he makes me want to retch on this show (and yet, I really like the Drew Carrey show and think he is great in that). He acts like he is the star of the show, and yet, his comments are rarely funny (you can even tell the improv guys think so if the camera catches them rolling their eyes or leaning over and mocking him to each other), and when he forces himself in as one of the improvs it just shows he has NO TALENT at all at improv.

Personally, I wish they had just brought Clive over too.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Fortunately CTV is rerunning the shows weeknights, along with a (fairly) regular airdate.

The British series was great because the censorship was rather low in comparison to what could be said on American television, but the US version is almost always the funniest half hour television. It was nice to see Josie Lawrence in a couple of American episodes.

Colin Mochrie's best superheroes still have to be "Captain Hair" and "The Bitter, Drunk Kid" :D

It didn't take long for the cast to take pot shots at Drew, just like the British version took swipes at Clive Anderson (especially Greg Proops).

Keep 'em coming, ABC/WB!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"Who's Line..." and "Drew Carey Show" have dropped so badly in the ratings over the past couple of years that they are not even regularly scheduled anymore. They're basically used as timeslot filler when there's nothing better to air.

I wonder if they'll even continue with DC next year (I think they're signed for one more season since ABC signed a multi-season renewal a couple years ago) or if they'll try and offer the production company a lump sum buyout?

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Personally, I wish they had just brought Clive over too.
Not me. I think Drew fits the role perfectly. He's likeable and just bad enough at the improv and clumsy enough (did you see the time he fell down while trying to go to commercial?) to get a good laugh out of. Of couse the cast knows this, and they play off of it constantly! It's always fun to wait for the next time they bust on Drew during a Hodown, or some other skit.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I didn't see whose line on the new fall schedule, so I guess it got the axe? :frowning: :thumbsdown: there are still plenty of the re-runs i havent seen yet, but this is very dissapointing news. :frowning:

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
This is really a bummer, especially in light of some of the stupid shows on ABC that got on the schedule.

I'd love to see new episodes of "Who's Line?" next season.

Peace,

DM

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I love Whose Line and have seen most of them back to the old British version.

A couple years ago ABC had it on all the time and all over the place, different nights, different times. You never knew if they were replays or new episodes. I think they over exposed it and confused the audience.

I remember them having a 100th episode but this couldn't have been just ABC shows because it hadn't been on that long.

They really starting scraping when they had guests like Hugh Heffner and Jerry Springer (that was an all-time low and the improvers looked embarrassed).

Omni2 in Ontario are doing repeats every night at 6:30.

There are so many priceless moments. I'd like to see all the stuff that the sensors wouldn't allow. We got to see a bit of it on Too Hot for Whose Line, but I wish it had been a 10pm and not an 8pm show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks