What's new

Any suggestions for a CD/clock/radio/alarm? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Getting tired of listening to the same bad FM stations when I get up in the morning. I don't know if a clock/radio with a CD player is a common thing? And then the unit would have to remember what tracks have already been listened to, to play the next one the next morning.

Thanks !

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Sony has a number of CD Clock Radio's available. I got one for my sister a couple of years ago, she still loves it. They are priced at $40-$100.

Andy_A

Second Unit
I have one from GE from a few years ago. Don't think it remembered what had been played and then played the next song, but I doubt there are any like that. This one could be set to wake up on a certain track, but by the time it queued up, it was so loud that I was already awake. Also, the display was way too bright...

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Kevin

I have a Denon DT-400...it is probably the best clock radio ever...it has two 22 watt RMS amps and a separate stereo speaker in a pretty good sized box...acoustic suspension...great bass...no longer made...I paid $200. Consider Cambridge Sound Works CD Clock Radios

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Kevin

I may need another good clock radio...please let me know what you choose.

Thanks In Advance

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I went to Frys today. They had AM/FM clock radios, others with iPods integrated with them, CD boomboxes, but not a single CD clock radio. Guess I need to keep looking.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Arthur- I found a Panasonic CD350, but it doesn't get great reviews, and a Sony CD855 where I can't find any reviews for it. (Might just have to take a chance, but I am still looking.) I really like Cambridge Soundworks stuff, but at $350, their CD alarm clock radio is just too much. I'll post what I end up with and how it works out. Even for the Panny reviews I found, they didn't say if it had the feature of playing subsequent CD tracks on different days. The bad reviews are for too difficult to program, a display that's too bright at night and can't be turned down, and only one alarm can be used with the radio (2 alarms with buzzers) kind of thing.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Kevin

I took a look at both of the clock radios you mentioned above...I like both of them...I think I like the look of the Panasonic better, without listening...it looks to me that the Panasonic might have better sound quality...please let me know if you listen to either or both of them.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
My wife and I each have a Phillips. Think it was about $50. Dual alarms, good CD quality. Wake up to soothing sounds instead of BWA BWA BWA.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Chris- Does it play successive CD tracks on different days? I.e., it remembers where you shut it off the day before?

Andy_A

Second Unit
I'm pretty certain you won't find one that does that. Your best hope would be one that you program, then you easily change to the next track for the next day. When I bought the GE a few years back, I actually auditioned all the models with a cd (in the Circuit City) and chose the GE, which sounded the best. I think it had to do with the fact that it had two stereo speakers on each side of the unit. I just realized I haven't used the GE in a couple of years so let me know if you'd like to try it (it is pretty much new) and I'd let it go cheap...

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Andy

If ChrisClearman is not interested in the GE...I may well be interested in it. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
Amazon does have the newer model of that Phillips player I posted about. Just do a search.

You can choose the track for it to start up with, and the next day it starts over on that track. It does not pick up where it last was.

I have hit snooze enough to where it gets to the next track though!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
OK, I'll check it out.

I don't know, I would think that remembering what track it ended with, to begin the next track the next morning would be a no-brainer. The player in my wife's car does it.

Andy_A

Second Unit
I can assure you I've never seen one that does this. All the ones I've seen must have the track set and the wake up track doesn't change unless you actually change it yourself, sort of like setting the time. I think you may be on a wild goose chase...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks