What's new

Any suggestion? Need to build a karaok at home . (1 Viewer)

qzzheng

Auditioning
Hi, guysI bought karaok system from china , and need to buy amp/receiver ( I don't know what is the different between them , any help ?) , speakers and mics .Systems will set up in basement .I need to know the brand and model is good for me . For everything , I can spend $1000-1500 Thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your karaoke might include pre-amp functions(also known as input switching and volume control).Does it include those things? (You should know what you bought)

qzzheng

Auditioning
123.jpg

321.JPG

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Can you translate the instructions?It doesn't make sense in "picture 2" that it shows this device connected to an AVR via 18 to RCA and two microphones sent directly to the AVR.And if this thing has HDMI, why are they using 1/8 to RCA?

qzzheng

Auditioning
IN THIS PIC" THE AVR" looks like AMP if i translate it. AMP connected to 2 microphones and RCA

qzzheng

Auditioning
schan1269 said:
Can you translate the instructions?It doesn't make sense in "picture 2" that it shows this device connected to an AVR via 18 to RCA and two microphones sent directly to the AVR.And if this thing has HDMI, why are they using 1/8 to RCA?
I guess the HDMI goes to tv, and vga goes to touch screen

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
qzzheng said:
microphone can connect to karaoke ,but if it connects to amp or AVR will be better quality
Better quality according to who?Microphones should never be connected directly to an amp/AVR/receiver not intended for it.That is the entire point of the karaoke box. The disc goes in it and the microphones connect to it...then it connects to something else.Does this have volume control?

qzzheng

Auditioning
schan1269 said:
Better quality according to who?Microphones should never be connected directly to an amp/AVR/receiver not intended for it.That is the entire point of the karaoke box. The disc goes in it and the microphones connect to it...then it connects to something else.Does this have volume control?
This karaoke box is totaly different than the old fashion one, it is builded in xp and linux system, have more than 50000 musics.

regard this info.

I'm looking for good receiver and valuable audio system. any suggestions??

it can be 2.1 or 5.1

thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
But, again, the picture of microphones connected directly to the AVR is...WRONG. PERIOD.And I know all about "computerized linux/XP" karaoke. They've had these since XP and Linux were new. How long has that been?

qzzheng

Auditioning
schan1269 said:
But, again, the picture of microphones connected directly to the AVR is...WRONG. PERIOD.And I know all about "computerized linux/XP" karaoke. They've had these since XP and Linux were new. How long has that been?
ya, you are right.
that is why im looking for your advice , bro.

usually, how these karaoke connect to speakers or amp or receiver?

thanks soooooo much

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
qzzheng said:
BTW, RCA MEANS THE SPEAKERS right?

1/8 means the wire?
RCA is a connector. IE, the Yellow(above the HDMI) is an RCA video output. Next to the LAN that is red, that is an audio output of unknown type, as I can't see the pic for a description. But it is an RCA audio output(is that digital coax? could be. You bought it, you should know).

1/8th is the green and purple to the right of the RCA audio output.(are both of those labeled audio output...or is one an input?)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have no idea why this has three VGA(well, I do know...just not why 1 is on the left...and the other two are over to the right)

I still don't know if this has volume control(does it?). IF it does not, you need to connect it to an integrated amp, receiver or AVR.

Integrated amp is a "receiver minus the am/fm". Example...
http://www.amazon.com/Marantz-PM5004-Integrated-Amplifier-Black/dp/B003R7KMTC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373818835&sr=1-1&keywords=integrated+amplifier

Then you have stereo receiver...
Lastly you have AVR capable of "more than two speakers".(IE 3 speakers all the way to 11...how much do you, eventually, want to spend?)

So...do you want 5.1(or 7.1...or...)?
Or is 2.0(or 2.1) enough?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
And this, technically, counts as an integrated amplifier...
http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-25-Watt-Stereo-Black/dp/B004U29IGG/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373819168&sr=1-7&keywords=integrated+amplifier (5 choices depending on how much power you think you need)

cause it has a volume control* and two inputs (1/8th cuts off the RCA if you plug something in).

*Any amp with a gain or volume control can technically be called an integrated amp.

Also gain and volume are not, technically, the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks