1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any specifications on upcoming Kickboxer release 15th of July ?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by KristianH, May 13, 2003.

1. KristianH

KristianH Well-Known Member

Hey all!

According to The Bits, Kickboxer is on its way out the 15th of July -03.

Anyone knows of any specifications on this title? Will it be OAR, any extras, etc??

2. Daniel I

Daniel I Well-Known Member

Man, I hope this movie finally gets a decent re-release. It's definitley a guilty pleasure! Tong Po in OAR!

[​IMG]

3. John Stone

John Stone Well-Known Member

Well, it's July already. Any word on the specs for this DVD? "Kickboxer" is definitely one of my favorite guilty pleasures. If it's presented in its OAR of 1.85:1 (and preferably 16x9 enhanced) I'm picking it up, otherwise no sale. I wrote to Lions Gate a week ago and, of course, got no response.

4. John Stone

John Stone Well-Known Member

I just found out that Lions Gate is releasing this title MAR (1.33:1). [​IMG] I was looking forward to finally having "Kickboxer" on DVD, but I'm going to pass. Bastards.

5. Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck Well-Known Member

Turds.

6. Lucas Dang

Lucas Dang Well-Known Member

Why not get the original Kickboxer release. It was done by HBO and it is Animorphic.

7. KristianH

KristianH Well-Known Member

8. Lucas Dang

Lucas Dang Well-Known Member

I did some checking and yes it is animorphic, but it isnt widescreen, I think its full frameP&S. Sorry for misleading you. I have watched it a couple of times and since it is animorphic it fills up my widescreen TV like a 1:85:1. This is an older movie shot at low production quality so I didnt notice any significant problems with the picture because it wasnt much to start with, looked better than the vhs that Im sure we have all seen. Anyways. I will buy it again if it comes out widescreen animorphic.