What's new

Any reviews of Transformers: The Movie R2? (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Anyone see the region 2 version of this fantastic movie? How does it compare to the R1 version? Is it widescreen, true 5.1, extras, etc.? I may have to purchase it if the disc is an improvement over the one released in the states.

mike.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They found out that a widescreen transfer is basically impossible due to the condition of the elements, and after months of posturing ended up licensing Rhino's transfer. There is a horrifically dubbed Headmasters episode on there, but I think that's about it in terms of extras

DannyS

Second Unit
I bought it for £12, 2 days ago. MAGIC!

the cover artwork is the original movie 1 sheet for the UK and is vastly superior in every way. It was donated to Maverick by Fans of the film.

The image is 4:3 but there is no pan scan. the print and image is clean and crisp. The 5.1 dolby digital ROCKS.

EXTRAS!

As you place the disc in machine, on startup an excerpt from the excellent BBC TV series "I love the 1980's" is shown with an excellent intro about Transfromers. This runs for about 3-5 mins Then it's into the quite nice menus's. Animated and featuring sound. The scene selection feautures moving chapter selections too.

There is a really badly dubbed japanese episode which is on there too, and a still gallery accompanied by a really funny remix of a track from the film.

oh! and the obligitory trailer!

The print on the disc features the word "shit" too. Bonus! :)

BUY it! You won't be sorry. It's a brilliant presentation

of a classic!

PS. If you buy now the artwork is effectively limited edition. why? Where else can you find a rating as:

PG U suitable for all!

it's a last minute error and will quickly be reprinted.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Is the trailer you mentioned the promo reel (or "trade trailer")? If you're not sure which trailer I mean, it is the one that has alternate versions of some of the scenes. Ultra Magnus is colored differently than he is in the actual movie, and the BGM is from either Star Trek II or III. (There is a low res version of what I am talking about here.)
So is the trailer on the TF:TM R2 disc the promo reel, or is it a different trailer?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks