What's new

Any reviews of Elton John: Dream Ticket? (1 Viewer)

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
Hello,

I want to buy this title and I interested in the PQ and audio on this 4 DVD Set exclusive from Best Buy.

Thanks in advance.

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
Thank you John for help me to save my money ($40.00). I have Elton John "One Night Only" (great DD5.1 & DTS and poor PQ). I will wait for a better package.

Thanks one more time.

John Gido

Second Unit
Unfortunately, I don't think a better package is in the near future. As an Elton John fan from 1971, I bit the bullet and bought this package although I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
Maybe if Best buy drop the price in the future. If not, HD DVD or Blue Ray DVD are around the corner. This comming year I will have my first 60-65' HD widescreen TV for my birthday. Life is good.

Thank you.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'm only a moderate fan of Elton John but I'm not sure if I'd recommend this to a die-hard who has to have everything. I've only went through disc 1 and 4 but I'm rather disappointed. I owned the ONE NIGHT ONLY before and for the time I thought the sound was great but now it doesn't seem so hot, especially coming after LIVE AID. It's good but a lot better has been released. The documentary on disc 4 is so annoying that I nearly fell asleep. None of those interviewed (incuding Elton) get too much time to speak and they really don't say anything interesting. The music videos were nice to have but someone dropped the ball when they decided to put the other songs together. Example, with "Your Song" we get each verse taken from a difference performance, which makes the song very uneven and it sounds very silly. I didn't think a bad version of this song could be found but here it is in this set.

This is a major disappointment (so far) considering how wonderful the Stones set was from last year.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, what you guys are saying is save my $40 and
avoid buying this Best Buy exclusive?

That's a real shame. On the onset this looked like
it was going to be the most promising and definitive
Elton John product to the market.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Wow - what a bummer of a review. We figured we were going to pick this one up for sure, but now I guess we won't. We already have the NY show. Maybe we'll just end up trying to rent it somewhere down the road if we can.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I might go back and give this a minor recommendation to fans of Elton. I just got done with the third disc, the concert with Elton going solo on the piano. The picture is a bit soft but the audio is great as is the performance. I'd certainly recommend this disc but I'm sure most of you got the NYC show so it's really up in the air. The documentary is pointless so I guess it will come down to that third disc, which is strong enough to buy but for $40 some might think differently.

I'll try to check the second disc later tonight.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I agree with Michael's assessment of the 3rd disc - Elton solo on the piano always makes for a special evening and it's really captured well here (in a spectacular setting to boot).

I'm a little happier with the set than some here - part of that is because I never bought the "One Night Only" disc so disc 1 is not a double-dip for me. The main disappointment is that all three concerts are from the past 2-3 years. I really wish they had been able to find a show from Elton's heyday in the 70s. That would have balanced the set much better, and made it an indispensable purchase for fans (much like last year's Led Zep set).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I noticed several copies at my local BB marked down to $24.99 -- think this is worth picking up? (I am a fan of the '70s material, but don't care much for most of the more recent stuff. Seems like the setlist is a mixed bag.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks