What's new

Any recomendations on what to buy... (1 Viewer)

FSP123

Auditioning
Real Name
Martin
Hello, can anyone help me on deciding what projector shoul I buy :confused: Ive been lookin for Acer H6500 and Benq w1070. Also if there is any other projector that I should check pleas advice me. Thanks! Martin

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi I don't think Acer makes any projectors for the Home Theater market ? Look for a PJ with native 1920x1080 (1080P) resolution (not just accepting a 1080p signal). Look for a PJ with mechanical / optical lense shft. Never use digital key stoning for geometry correction. Benq 7000 is nice, as are the Epsons ie: 5020, JVC also makes some good stuff. Mits also.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by FSP123
Hello,
can anyone help me on deciding what projector shoul I buy
Ive been lookin for Acer H6500 and Benq w1070. Also if there is any other projector that I should check pleas advice me.
Thanks!
Martin
Choosing a projector involves a lot more than just "picking" one.
How big is your room?
How bright is your room?
Do you have full light control?
How far back are you going to sit?
Will this be mounted on the ceiling or on a shelf/table?
What is your budget?
Does your budget include a screen?
Do you currrently have an AVR? Is it HDMI?
If you don't have an AVR - what source(s) do you want to watch?

Romanowsky

Auditioning
Real Name
Romualds Pizans
Go for OPTOMA HD25 in budget zone great PJ for its price.Or if you ready to spend some more than JVC.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I love how you guys are recommending projectors before he even answers Jason's questions. :confused: The OP has supplied ZERO information.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Jim Mcc said:
I love how you guys are recommending projectors before he even answers Jason's questions. :confused: The OP has supplied ZERO information.
One of the things that comes standard with DIY forums is no shortage of: shallow appraisals, jumping to conclusions, wild a** guessing, wishful thinking, promotion of self serving opinions, etc., etc. Mature restraint is not a regular feature of internet communications. This is not new to you, but perhaps a lesson for some among the readers. "Look before you leap" used to be common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks