What's new

any plans for Lee Marvin's "Point Blank" on DVD? (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I caught this not long ago on TCM, and It really blew me away. .. Lee Marvin seeking revenge on the men the double crossed him. Highy stylistic and full of great action. Its a Turner/MGM property... so would it now be owned by WB or Columbia? I really want this to come out on DVD.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
POINT BLANK (1967) is currently Warner's property. It's certainly high time for an R1 DVD release of it. I'm sure WB will do a bang-up job, whenever they get around to producing a DVD edition of it (if it isn't already secretly in the works, as we speak).

An audio commentary by director John Boorman, plus the BFI biographical documentary, LEE MARVIN: A PERSONAL PORTRAIT, which Boorman also directed a few years ago, would be ideal extras. With the great John Vernon recently deceased, that leaves surviving major cast members Angie Dickinson, Lloyd Bochner, Sharon Acker and James Sikking left as potential interview subjects.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I reckon that it is in the works and that we'll see it before the year is out. It's just a hunch. Warner are certainly aware that it is a much anticipated title. A Boorman commentary will be essential.

I also feel that Deliverance should be remastered as a 2-disc.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
It has been shown, I beleve, on HD NET Movies, so a High Definition master exists. My fingers are crossed (and hopefully, we'll get another great neo-noir, NIGHT MOVES which has also been shown on HD NET Movies).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
there was a remake of this with mel gobson called Payback.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
The first time I saw this movie was on TCM last year. I had just come back from visiting a deceased friend's grave at a cemetery high atop a hill in L.A. I come home, turn on the TV to TCM and there's Lee Marvin standing in the same cemetery atop the hill in L.A. Eerie, but I understood the significance of it.

I'm glad I was able to watch the entire movie from the beginning recently on TCM when they aired it again.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
I would love to see this. I've only seen the excerpts from it on the Scorsese Personal Journey Through American Movies doco. But I would blind buy it just cos of those flash back montages that Scorsese describes.

I have seen the Lee Marvin doco which I agree would make an ideal extra.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Whenever WB does decide to put this out, I'm confident it will be done with the topnotch treatment we've come to expect from them. Although I can't wait to see Point Blank on DVD, I'm glad it wasn't put earlier by WB or MGM, when it was still theirs. I'm not confident it would have been the stellar release it most likely will be when WB gets to it in (hopefully!) 2005 or '06.

In addition to TCM's fairly regular airings of the film, they've also run an MGM promotional reel from 1967 featuring films coming from the studio in that calendar year. Point Blank is featured along with several memorable titles and some forgotten albeit intriguing ones.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Would love to see this too. A major missing title featuring Lee Marvin at his best.

Dorian Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I do hope Warner is working on this title.

I'm not sure a HD master already exists, though. The last broadcast on TCM France, a few months ago, didn't look good at all...

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Point Blank is one of my ten most-wanted DVD releases. I hope Warner have it in the works for later this year.

Actually, they could do a John Boorman box set, including Point Blank and special editions of Deliverance and Excalibur. Only problem would be to find a fourth Boorman film for which Warner have the DVD rights. I guess it would have to be Exorcist II: The Heretic. Oh well, I'd still buy the set for the other three movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks