1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any place still selling the Panny CP72?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brian M Kuss, May 5, 2003.

1. Brian M Kuss

Brian M Kuss Member

Is there anyplace left that has the Panasonic CP72? I'm looking for a replacement for my Toshiba 3109 and I really want to stay with a changer. Or any other suggestions for a DVD changer with great PQ (under $300)?

2. BradJudy

BradJudy Well-Known Member

Crutchfield has some 'scratch and dent' ones for sale. The Circuit City and SoundTrack near me have some left over, so you can check local places as well.

3. JimC_A

JimC_A Well-Known Member

Be careful buying any of the Crutchfield scratch and dents. I've sent two 72's back myself. I'd be curious to know if the numbers I have written down match any of their scratch and dents.

4. Paul A. Robinso

Paul A. Robinso Active Member

Onkyo has just released info on their 2003-2004 DVD-Players.
    Take a Look at the 6-Disc Progressive Player DV-CP701[​IMG]

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Well-Known Member

The nearby Circuit City has had a couple of open-box CP72's lately.

6. KennyT

KennyT Member

7. Scott Tucker

Scott Tucker Well-Known Member

There is a reason all these stores have so many open-box units still left in there inventories. I would look to a newer model from Panasonic.

Scott

8. DougP

DougP Active Member

I recently went on a hunt for a CP-72 myself. I ordered from the Crutchfield's "scratch and dent" and I've been using the machine for 3 weeks without issue. In fact, I love it.

I've got a Panny 36" HDTV ready and this is the first progressive scan player I've plugged in. Near as I can tell the picture's a beaut... but I'm not a videophile when compared to many on this BB. But - I do think it looks pretty sweet.

Anyway, it's the last place I could find it and since it was scratch-and-dent and they had a free shipping coupon, I got it for $170 no tax/ship.

Crutchfield takes over the warranty - so it's got one year but not through the factory.

cheers!