What's new

Any pet-peeves with your spouse? (1 Viewer)

Colton

Supporting Actor
My wife (I love her) does things that drive me crazy! For one thing, she can never use the correct word for anything.

For example:

"Hand me that thingy."
(Translation: Hand me the pliers.)

"Where's the thingamingbob?"
(Translation: Where's the remote control?")

Or she speaks in vast generalizations:

"Who was in that one movie we saw?"

Or her interpretation of days is seriously flawed:

"We just visited my parents a few days ago!"
(It was four months ago.)

Do you have any pet-peeves that your spouse does that drives you insane?

- Colton

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Colton, do you really think anyone would marry any of the geeks on this forum? ;)

Here's my pet peeve: my wife borrows my comb and doesn't put it back where I keep it, so when I go to reach for it, it's not there. Arrrgh! She already spends a lot of time looking for items she has misplaced, and when she misplaces something of mine, I get really steamed.

I can't wait until my daughter is born this fall so she can start misplacing my wife's stuff!

Colton

Supporting Actor
I just remembered a big one ...

My wife will not (can not) remember to put a new roll of toilet paper on the holder. Everytime I visit my throne - there is a roll just sitting on top of the holder, but never NEVER does she take the time to just remove the holder and insert it through the roll of toilet paper and snap it back in place. Despite my attempts to train her how to do this simple task - I still find the roll waiting for me on top of the holder.

Grrrr!!!

- Colton

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
The thing that really irritates me about my wife is that she is always reading my posts on different forums I frequent!

Oh, CRAP!!!!!!! Never mind!

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Colton, my wife does the same thing! She just puts the toilet paper on the tank every time instead of putting in the holder. What kills me is that she's the one who uses up the paper most of the time too. Eh, I still love her.

RichardK

Second Unit
My wife buys things that can be of use, but takes a long time to use them. Example, we purchased an iron pot rack at an auction ($300) and it sat in the garage for 15months.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I don't have a wife, but my pet peeves for a roommate are:

1. Finding dried dead maggots between stacked dishes at the sink when you decide it's finally time to do your roomates dishes. (They look like dried up rice)

2. Late at night, eating potato chips in the dark only to realize your hand tickles, and that the inside of the bag and your arm is crawling with ants. (This only happened once, I must have eaten like 100s of ants... lol)

3. Anyone that uses soggy broken apart card board boxes as kitchen floor mats. Disgusting...

4. People that get carried away with Sharpies that write jokes on food products and toiletries. Sharpies are permanent!

5. Arguing with somebody that has morning breath.

6. People apologizing for stinking up the only bathroom... Don't apologize, it's not like you had a choice to stink or not, and don't smile if you're sorry...

7. Leaving 2-3 squares of TP on the toilet roll so they don't have to replace it. The last square shouldn't count as one cause it just gets ripped up by the adhesive.

8. People wiping their ass, and throwing it in the trash can so people can see the skid mark. Flush it down! I don't get it?!?!

9. People forgetting to flush and blaming it on the toilet that doesn't work right.

10. Dropping some food on the floor and picking it up, only to throw the 3 second rule out the window when you see how many pubes are stuck to it.

11. Did I mention I hate ants? You ever smell burnt ants when you cook them with a magnifying glass and hear them pop? How about when you turn on your toaster?

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
One word: Piles
My wife leaves piles everywhere. Piles of magazines, piles mail, piles of stuff to put away, piles of notes of things to do, AAAAAGGGHH!

Probably shouldn't have used the word 'piles' so soon after Chris' post :b

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

That's when you start leaving the toilet seat up all the time until she gets the hint (unless she's not changing the roll because you already leave the toilet seat up all the time :D ).

Mark Giles

Second Unit
1) Baby talk. Cant stand it!! She thinks it so cute!!

2) Why do I have to be the only on thats stern with the kids? Shes so soft, and wonders why they act out in public with her.

3) She wants to go to every single ding one of her family get-togethers (almost every weekend). Give it a rest!!! I just want to relax for a month or two for once.

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
Since I don't have a wife yet, I'll do this to my mom
1. Buying paper cups when we have 30+ cups that are good.
2. Piles of junk everywhere; the inabiltity to clean.
3. Buying things we already have.(bought a toaster at big lots for 16 bucks last week and the lever already broke off, but she still wants to keep it)
4. garage sales. If your wife goes to theseevery week, you know what I'm talking about.
5. Buying "pretty things" that are ugly and junk.
6. HGTV is the only channel she watches

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
My wife is an early riser who thinks if you sleep past 8am on a weekend, you're wasting the day. I'd rather wrap myself up in a blanket and sleep till noon.

She wasn't always this way, and used to be a slug in the morning just like I used to be, and would still be if she'd let me.

There are many pet peeves related to this, but the biggest is that every Saturday and Sunday morning, I wake up to the sound of my wife asking loudly through the door, are you up yet?

This usually happens at around 8:30.

Users who are viewing this thread