What's new

Any other Ghost Hunters fans? (1 Viewer)

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I get frustrated sometimes when they have a hot spot like the lighthouse and don't do another investigation the next night.

I would have several cameras and whatnot placed in different areas in that lighthouse to try and catch that shadowy figure on the stairs and platforms instead of one down below...they have the chance to do it and they don't and it bugs me sometimes.

lol, do you have a link?

gerrymac48

Grip
Real Name
GERRY
Hi all ! I am starting to get nervous as our show will air in just 2 weeks now. :eek: I am wondering if we will see any sneak peeks of it on tonight's season opener. I know on the newest commercial "Thrill of the hunt" shows a couple of quick shots in my house. I can't wait till it airs so I will be able to talk about it with you all. Have a good night E1 :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm looking forward to the new episodes.

And yes, it will also be interesting to hear from someone who had TAPS come to their home, so that'll be nice to discuss that in a coulple of weeks.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Strong start to the season IMO.

The Lisheen Ruins yeilded some very strange occurances, strange enough for Jason and Grant to use the 'H' word which I know they are always reluctant to use.

I would have loved some more EVP's there but the footsteps that Bryan and Dave heard and caught on tape were good enough.

The Viaduct Tavern while not as impressive as Lisheen, aside from some great EVP's (love EVP's) did mange to send chills down my spine, mostly because of those cells, if you want to call them that, when Grant climbed into one I tried to imagine myself trapped in one of those for years on end. :frowning:

Great start and it got my paranormal juices flowing again, it's going to be a fun season. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I enjoyed the Irish segment. Both this one, and the "elemental" one they did last fall. Ireland is looking really creepy. :)

I always wish they would investigate the interesting stuff more. They seem to only allow a certain amount of time, and just pack up and leave when they have to go. I wish that when they come across very interesting stuff, they would spend more time in those areas. The footsteps on wood was creepy. You could hear it on camera, so it is more than an EVP. Seems like they should have done more to try and follow the sound.

The second one last night was sort of boring to me. I think it was just because it followed a good investigation.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I agree, even though the typical investigation lasts pretty much all night they should consider a second one if they yield significant results at that location, they should also invest in more cameras, there were instances last year when they missed certain events because they didn't have a camera in that location or position.

If I were a member of TAPS I would be itching like crazy to go back to the St. Augustien Lighthouse and cover it better with more equipment.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
You would think that camera equipment manufacturers would be "donating" stuff for them to use. But I guess tthey don't. It seems like they only have one good FLIR camera and Grant and Jason are the only ones who get to use it. Then, they have only a couple of IR cameras. It seems like they only have at most 6 views up on the monitor.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm sure there are plenty of times when they would love to stay another night or come back every week, etc...., but they are unfortunately limited in time and money. Remember that they are doing this in their spare time, and they have real "day jobs". Obviously they have to take time off from work for some of these trips, and many times there are team members who can't go on investigations because they can't get away at all.

But yes, I agree that If I were doing this I'd definitely want more time on many of the investigations and many return trips (both to places that were hot and places that were not). I'd bet that Jay and Grant feel the same way, but they are limited by the fact that they have families and jobs that probably aren't easy to get away from.

Cool thermal images by the Lisheen Ruins!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That brings me to a question that's been rolling around in my head for awhile now, how in the world do they keep from getting fired from their Roto Rooter gig lol? They always take time off to investigate and when they don't take time off they do they're investigating at night and i'm sure they've got to be dead tired in the morning.

I can never get my head around precisely how they juggle their time.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'd bet part of it is that Roto Rooter is fairly accommodating with their schedules because of the free publicity they get from Roto Rooter being mentioned on the show so often.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
If they're not making enough from TAPS gear they're selling online, the DVD set, what Sci-Fi pays, and their new magazine...they need to hire a better accountant! :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Makes sense, but it's gotta suck doing something as cool as track ghosts and supernatural activity by night and then have to go unclog a toilet the next day lol. I mean at some point you just have to go "ya know, we hunt ghosts and we still have to do this!? Maybe it's just me but something is out of whack here."

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
On a more serious note though, their work for Roto Rooter definitely helps them in their investigations. At least their experience is often applicable.

Part of their day job is going into a place with a problem and trying to figure out what it is. That kind of thinking probably helps with lots of their debunking in their TAPS investigations. They get claims of bangs, clangs, drafts, etc.... and the home owner is thinking "ghost". Jay and Grant come in and often find that the issue is really caused by some sort of plumbing/heating/venting issue, etc... Their plumbing experience definitely gives them a good perspective so they don't automatically think "ghost". They think "pipes" first, etc.. Definitely helpful.

Also, there is probably some cross-use of certain tools they use in investigations. The thermal imaging camera is often used to look for areas of moisture within ceiling and walls, that is a given if you are familiar with home inspection/plumbing issues. The tools used to look for EM fields are most likely used by home inspectors (to check for unshielded or improperly shielded electrical issues), and I wonder if that is ever used for things Jay and Grant do on their day job as well. We know they use it in their TAPS investigations.

That brings up an interesting thought. If someone was interested in doing these kinds of paranormal investigations and they just happened to be a home inspector, that would be a great way to be able to put some of your tools that have to have for your real job to use in your paranormal hobby without having to deal with the expense (since the equipment is necessary to have for your day job anyway). Most paranormal investigators don't have thermal imaging cameras (etc..) because of the expense.

DizzyDameNTN

Auditioning
Real Name
Angela Dickey
Hi, Im new to this forum and have a question that my husband and I have been debating since TAPS went to Ireland/England.
Why do you think the paranormal activity seems to be stronger in the UK than those investigations in America?
MY theory (such as it is), is that the spirits there are a lot older, therefore have collected alot more life energies (from plants, animals, people). They are able to manifest in ways stronger than those in America. Hearing rumors that places in America that have been built over old Indian burial grounds are very haunted (poltergeist activity, strong manifestaions) seems to add more to my theory because the Indians were here centuries before the white man.
Does this sound reasonable?
I would love to hear your comments and theories. :)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree with you. Since people have been around England and Ireland much longer than the USA, the paranormal would have had more time to learn and grow. It also might be that since that area is so old, that there are simply more ghosts and so the chances of detecting one is higher.

The only other thing I can think of is the lines of power on the globe. I think they were called Ley lines or something like that. I think there is a hot spot under the UK.
Here is a link: Ley Lines

I don't necessarily believe in these lines, but it is one possible reason.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I thought that this was a good start to the new season - the Lisheen ruins were SO creepy. (But, man, Ireland is a beautiful country. Everything is so vibrantly green!) I thought the blob that showed up on the thermal that then split into three while it was following a couple of the guys was really weird and spooky, and it was so clear, too.

I would have happily watched them continue around there for a while, but, it is true that they do have real jobs and lives outside of ghost hunting so I guess they can't stay in Europe forever.

The preview they showed from next week about investigating the Hell Fire caves looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks